Thursday's iPod nano picture from Asian B2B site Alibaba convinced many that Apple will release a tall, thin revision of the device during next Tuesday's Let's Rock special event.
That is, it's consistent with previous rumors from multiple sources, particularly with Kevin Rose's prognostications and he's definitely the flavor of the month.
However, during the overnight when good boys and girls are home sleeping soundly in their beds, the busy elves at Engadget found and posted an 4G iPod nano unboxing photo. [Continue reading]
The catch? As pointed out by an Engadget comment poster, the dock connector shown is an old-style "pinch" type model, which Apple hasn't used in a while.
[u] Gizmodo has published a pic of a purported 4G iPod nano still in its clear plastic retail package. [u]
Also, regarding Ars Technica's contention that Tuesday won't see the release of iTunes 8, it's worth mentioning that Apple's Mac + free 8GB iPod touch back-to-school promo doesn't end until Sept 15.
Thereupon, it's perhaps unlikely either new iPods, at least a revised iPod touch, or for that matter iTunes 8 will actually ship on Sept 9...
What's your take?
- Logitech announces wired iPad keyboard
- Twitter launches two-factor authentication
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
Browse and search for more articles