Thursday's iPod nano picture from Asian B2B site Alibaba convinced many that Apple will release a tall, thin revision of the device during next Tuesday's Let's Rock special event.
That is, it's consistent with previous rumors from multiple sources, particularly with Kevin Rose's prognostications and he's definitely the flavor of the month.
However, during the overnight when good boys and girls are home sleeping soundly in their beds, the busy elves at Engadget found and posted an 4G iPod nano unboxing photo. [Continue reading]
The catch? As pointed out by an Engadget comment poster, the dock connector shown is an old-style "pinch" type model, which Apple hasn't used in a while.
[u] Gizmodo has published a pic of a purported 4G iPod nano still in its clear plastic retail package. [u]
Also, regarding Ars Technica's contention that Tuesday won't see the release of iTunes 8, it's worth mentioning that Apple's Mac + free 8GB iPod touch back-to-school promo doesn't end until Sept 15.
Thereupon, it's perhaps unlikely either new iPods, at least a revised iPod touch, or for that matter iTunes 8 will actually ship on Sept 9...
What's your take?
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles