Thursday's iPod nano picture from Asian B2B site Alibaba convinced many that Apple will release a tall, thin revision of the device during next Tuesday's Let's Rock special event.
That is, it's consistent with previous rumors from multiple sources, particularly with Kevin Rose's prognostications and he's definitely the flavor of the month.
However, during the overnight when good boys and girls are home sleeping soundly in their beds, the busy elves at Engadget found and posted an 4G iPod nano unboxing photo. [Continue reading]
The catch? As pointed out by an Engadget comment poster, the dock connector shown is an old-style "pinch" type model, which Apple hasn't used in a while.
[u] Gizmodo has published a pic of a purported 4G iPod nano still in its clear plastic retail package. [u]
Also, regarding Ars Technica's contention that Tuesday won't see the release of iTunes 8, it's worth mentioning that Apple's Mac + free 8GB iPod touch back-to-school promo doesn't end until Sept 15.
Thereupon, it's perhaps unlikely either new iPods, at least a revised iPod touch, or for that matter iTunes 8 will actually ship on Sept 9...
What's your take?
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
Browse and search for more articles