Thursday's iPod nano picture from Asian B2B site Alibaba convinced many that Apple will release a tall, thin revision of the device during next Tuesday's Let's Rock special event.
That is, it's consistent with previous rumors from multiple sources, particularly with Kevin Rose's prognostications and he's definitely the flavor of the month.
However, during the overnight when good boys and girls are home sleeping soundly in their beds, the busy elves at Engadget found and posted an 4G iPod nano unboxing photo. [Continue reading]
The catch? As pointed out by an Engadget comment poster, the dock connector shown is an old-style "pinch" type model, which Apple hasn't used in a while.
[u] Gizmodo has published a pic of a purported 4G iPod nano still in its clear plastic retail package. [u]
Also, regarding Ars Technica's contention that Tuesday won't see the release of iTunes 8, it's worth mentioning that Apple's Mac + free 8GB iPod touch back-to-school promo doesn't end until Sept 15.
Thereupon, it's perhaps unlikely either new iPods, at least a revised iPod touch, or for that matter iTunes 8 will actually ship on Sept 9...
What's your take?
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
- Nest Protect once again on sale
- WebMD app adds on Healthy Target feature
Browse and search for more articles