Thursday's iPod nano picture from Asian B2B site Alibaba convinced many that Apple will release a tall, thin revision of the device during next Tuesday's Let's Rock special event.
That is, it's consistent with previous rumors from multiple sources, particularly with Kevin Rose's prognostications and he's definitely the flavor of the month.
However, during the overnight when good boys and girls are home sleeping soundly in their beds, the busy elves at Engadget found and posted an 4G iPod nano unboxing photo. [Continue reading]
The catch? As pointed out by an Engadget comment poster, the dock connector shown is an old-style "pinch" type model, which Apple hasn't used in a while.
[u] Gizmodo has published a pic of a purported 4G iPod nano still in its clear plastic retail package. [u]
Also, regarding Ars Technica's contention that Tuesday won't see the release of iTunes 8, it's worth mentioning that Apple's Mac + free 8GB iPod touch back-to-school promo doesn't end until Sept 15.
Thereupon, it's perhaps unlikely either new iPods, at least a revised iPod touch, or for that matter iTunes 8 will actually ship on Sept 9...
What's your take?
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
Browse and search for more articles