iPhone Atlas has been crawling around inside the iPhone 2.1 firmware beta and found a few interesting things.
References to turn-by-turn directions functionality has been found.
However, the "new" bit of information that caused our ears to prick up is the appearance of a reference to "iPod2,1." Of course, current iPods are identified by the "iPod1,1" moniker.
We've know for some time that Apple's planning an iPod refresh, likely before the end of this calendar quarter. Most expect only a modest update, that will likely see a tweaking of colors and storage capacity.
[u] However, for its part, iLounge claims that an updated iPod nano return to its original tall form factor and resemble Microsoft's Zune Flash. Say it isn't so...
Meanwhile, Reuters (ITBusinessNet) reports that Dell is testing a new mp3 player and could begin selling it as early as September. The company has already failed once in this market segment, as have dozens of other companies that thought they could unseat Apple and its world-beating iPod.[u]
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
Browse and search for more articles