iPhone Atlas has been crawling around inside the iPhone 2.1 firmware beta and found a few interesting things.
References to turn-by-turn directions functionality has been found.
However, the "new" bit of information that caused our ears to prick up is the appearance of a reference to "iPod2,1." Of course, current iPods are identified by the "iPod1,1" moniker.
We've know for some time that Apple's planning an iPod refresh, likely before the end of this calendar quarter. Most expect only a modest update, that will likely see a tweaking of colors and storage capacity.
[u] However, for its part, iLounge claims that an updated iPod nano return to its original tall form factor and resemble Microsoft's Zune Flash. Say it isn't so...
Meanwhile, Reuters (ITBusinessNet) reports that Dell is testing a new mp3 player and could begin selling it as early as September. The company has already failed once in this market segment, as have dozens of other companies that thought they could unseat Apple and its world-beating iPod.[u]
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles