iPhone Atlas has been crawling around inside the iPhone 2.1 firmware beta and found a few interesting things.
References to turn-by-turn directions functionality has been found.
However, the "new" bit of information that caused our ears to prick up is the appearance of a reference to "iPod2,1." Of course, current iPods are identified by the "iPod1,1" moniker.
We've know for some time that Apple's planning an iPod refresh, likely before the end of this calendar quarter. Most expect only a modest update, that will likely see a tweaking of colors and storage capacity.
[u] However, for its part, iLounge claims that an updated iPod nano return to its original tall form factor and resemble Microsoft's Zune Flash. Say it isn't so...
Meanwhile, Reuters (ITBusinessNet) reports that Dell is testing a new mp3 player and could begin selling it as early as September. The company has already failed once in this market segment, as have dozens of other companies that thought they could unseat Apple and its world-beating iPod.[u]
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
- Every Day Carry Gear/Gadgets (Video)
- Denon announces new line of AVRs with AirPlay, iOS remote
- T-Mobile TV now available for iOS
- Google Glass on Weekend Update
- Podcast: Lots of iOS 7 rumors, Google Now, CoD Ghosts + More
Browse and search for more articles