[u] Tom Krazit of News.com writes that he placed an order on Wednesday and his credit card was billed today, though he hasn't yet received a shipping notice.
"Orders are being shipped in the order that they were received—don't worry; you'll get yours soon," says PsyStar on their site. "Upon shipment, an e-mail notification, including tracking information, will be sent to you automatically."
The company's online store is back up and the company is using a new credit card processor.[u]
ComputerWorld is reporting additional comments from PowerPay, the company that unceremoniously dumped PsyStar, refusing to process the would-be Mac cloner's credit payments.
"[PsyStar] processed almost 200% of [its] anticipated annual volume over just a few days," said Stephen Goodrich, chief executive, PowerPay. "In doing so, the applicant never used AVS (address verification services) which is a vital part of validating cardholder consent. This, coupled with the fact that [its] product was substantially different from what was described in the application left PowerPay no choice but to suspend services."
Over the top sales? Well, that's usually a good thing™, but coupled with a lack of verification and you've got a company, PsyStar, that's too dumb to get paid.
And, that PsyStar didn't accurately describe the nature of their business? Well, it's not like they're selling DIY meth labs or automatic weapons.
Nevertheless, although this point alone likely isn't grounds for anything more stringent than a follow up phone call, taken in context it's just another reason to just say no.
Where's the beef?
I suppose, ultimately, the one thing that matters the most is this: PsyStar has taken orders and presumably money, but hasn't delivered box one. After all, we're just talking about Hackintoshes, which have been available via Craig's List, etc for quite some time—not rocket science.
Thereupon, even with all the sleazy, brain-dead things PsyStar's done to date, if they were putting functioning Leopard boxes on people's desks for the advertised price, I think there'd be a lot of forgiveness out there...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
- MOGA Ace Power iOS game controller
- Sprint offers free 12 month smartphone service for students
- Find My Friends app get iOS 7 treatment
- PBS, Yahoo Screen comes to Apple TV
- Podcast: Episode 100, iPad mini, iPhone case is crappy or not? Everpix, plus more
- My iPhone Home Page AppsVideo:
- Video: Apple Leather iPhone 5/5S Case (Product RED)
- Philips announces Hue BR30 bulbs recessed lighting
- Twelve South announces BookBook Travel Journal
- Everpix shuts down
- Video: My thoughts on iPad Air
Browse and search for more articles