[u] Tom Krazit of News.com writes that he placed an order on Wednesday and his credit card was billed today, though he hasn't yet received a shipping notice.
"Orders are being shipped in the order that they were received—don't worry; you'll get yours soon," says PsyStar on their site. "Upon shipment, an e-mail notification, including tracking information, will be sent to you automatically."
The company's online store is back up and the company is using a new credit card processor.[u]
ComputerWorld is reporting additional comments from PowerPay, the company that unceremoniously dumped PsyStar, refusing to process the would-be Mac cloner's credit payments.
"[PsyStar] processed almost 200% of [its] anticipated annual volume over just a few days," said Stephen Goodrich, chief executive, PowerPay. "In doing so, the applicant never used AVS (address verification services) which is a vital part of validating cardholder consent. This, coupled with the fact that [its] product was substantially different from what was described in the application left PowerPay no choice but to suspend services."
Over the top sales? Well, that's usually a good thing™, but coupled with a lack of verification and you've got a company, PsyStar, that's too dumb to get paid.
And, that PsyStar didn't accurately describe the nature of their business? Well, it's not like they're selling DIY meth labs or automatic weapons.
Nevertheless, although this point alone likely isn't grounds for anything more stringent than a follow up phone call, taken in context it's just another reason to just say no.
Where's the beef?
I suppose, ultimately, the one thing that matters the most is this: PsyStar has taken orders and presumably money, but hasn't delivered box one. After all, we're just talking about Hackintoshes, which have been available via Craig's List, etc for quite some time—not rocket science.
Thereupon, even with all the sleazy, brain-dead things PsyStar's done to date, if they were putting functioning Leopard boxes on people's desks for the advertised price, I think there'd be a lot of forgiveness out there...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles