[u] Tom Krazit of News.com writes that he placed an order on Wednesday and his credit card was billed today, though he hasn't yet received a shipping notice.
"Orders are being shipped in the order that they were received—don't worry; you'll get yours soon," says PsyStar on their site. "Upon shipment, an e-mail notification, including tracking information, will be sent to you automatically."
The company's online store is back up and the company is using a new credit card processor.[u]
ComputerWorld is reporting additional comments from PowerPay, the company that unceremoniously dumped PsyStar, refusing to process the would-be Mac cloner's credit payments.
"[PsyStar] processed almost 200% of [its] anticipated annual volume over just a few days," said Stephen Goodrich, chief executive, PowerPay. "In doing so, the applicant never used AVS (address verification services) which is a vital part of validating cardholder consent. This, coupled with the fact that [its] product was substantially different from what was described in the application left PowerPay no choice but to suspend services."
Over the top sales? Well, that's usually a good thing™, but coupled with a lack of verification and you've got a company, PsyStar, that's too dumb to get paid.
And, that PsyStar didn't accurately describe the nature of their business? Well, it's not like they're selling DIY meth labs or automatic weapons.
Nevertheless, although this point alone likely isn't grounds for anything more stringent than a follow up phone call, taken in context it's just another reason to just say no.
Where's the beef?
I suppose, ultimately, the one thing that matters the most is this: PsyStar has taken orders and presumably money, but hasn't delivered box one. After all, we're just talking about Hackintoshes, which have been available via Craig's List, etc for quite some time—not rocket science.
Thereupon, even with all the sleazy, brain-dead things PsyStar's done to date, if they were putting functioning Leopard boxes on people's desks for the advertised price, I think there'd be a lot of forgiveness out there...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles