[u] Tom Krazit of News.com writes that he placed an order on Wednesday and his credit card was billed today, though he hasn't yet received a shipping notice.
"Orders are being shipped in the order that they were received—don't worry; you'll get yours soon," says PsyStar on their site. "Upon shipment, an e-mail notification, including tracking information, will be sent to you automatically."
The company's online store is back up and the company is using a new credit card processor.[u]
ComputerWorld is reporting additional comments from PowerPay, the company that unceremoniously dumped PsyStar, refusing to process the would-be Mac cloner's credit payments.
"[PsyStar] processed almost 200% of [its] anticipated annual volume over just a few days," said Stephen Goodrich, chief executive, PowerPay. "In doing so, the applicant never used AVS (address verification services) which is a vital part of validating cardholder consent. This, coupled with the fact that [its] product was substantially different from what was described in the application left PowerPay no choice but to suspend services."
Over the top sales? Well, that's usually a good thing™, but coupled with a lack of verification and you've got a company, PsyStar, that's too dumb to get paid.
And, that PsyStar didn't accurately describe the nature of their business? Well, it's not like they're selling DIY meth labs or automatic weapons.
Nevertheless, although this point alone likely isn't grounds for anything more stringent than a follow up phone call, taken in context it's just another reason to just say no.
Where's the beef?
I suppose, ultimately, the one thing that matters the most is this: PsyStar has taken orders and presumably money, but hasn't delivered box one. After all, we're just talking about Hackintoshes, which have been available via Craig's List, etc for quite some time—not rocket science.
Thereupon, even with all the sleazy, brain-dead things PsyStar's done to date, if they were putting functioning Leopard boxes on people's desks for the advertised price, I think there'd be a lot of forgiveness out there...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
Browse and search for more articles