[u] Tom Krazit of News.com writes that he placed an order on Wednesday and his credit card was billed today, though he hasn't yet received a shipping notice.
"Orders are being shipped in the order that they were received—don't worry; you'll get yours soon," says PsyStar on their site. "Upon shipment, an e-mail notification, including tracking information, will be sent to you automatically."
The company's online store is back up and the company is using a new credit card processor.[u]
ComputerWorld is reporting additional comments from PowerPay, the company that unceremoniously dumped PsyStar, refusing to process the would-be Mac cloner's credit payments.
"[PsyStar] processed almost 200% of [its] anticipated annual volume over just a few days," said Stephen Goodrich, chief executive, PowerPay. "In doing so, the applicant never used AVS (address verification services) which is a vital part of validating cardholder consent. This, coupled with the fact that [its] product was substantially different from what was described in the application left PowerPay no choice but to suspend services."
Over the top sales? Well, that's usually a good thing™, but coupled with a lack of verification and you've got a company, PsyStar, that's too dumb to get paid.
And, that PsyStar didn't accurately describe the nature of their business? Well, it's not like they're selling DIY meth labs or automatic weapons.
Nevertheless, although this point alone likely isn't grounds for anything more stringent than a follow up phone call, taken in context it's just another reason to just say no.
Where's the beef?
I suppose, ultimately, the one thing that matters the most is this: PsyStar has taken orders and presumably money, but hasn't delivered box one. After all, we're just talking about Hackintoshes, which have been available via Craig's List, etc for quite some time—not rocket science.
Thereupon, even with all the sleazy, brain-dead things PsyStar's done to date, if they were putting functioning Leopard boxes on people's desks for the advertised price, I think there'd be a lot of forgiveness out there...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
Browse and search for more articles