PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
Browse and search for more articles