PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
Browse and search for more articles