PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles