PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
- Apple Pay expands to support reward programs, store cards
Browse and search for more articles