PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
Browse and search for more articles