PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- BassJump Subwoofer gets update for Mavericks
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
- MOGA Ace Power iOS game controller
- Sprint offers free 12 month smartphone service for students
- Find My Friends app get iOS 7 treatment
- PBS, Yahoo Screen comes to Apple TV
- Podcast: Episode 100, iPad mini, iPhone case is crappy or not? Everpix, plus more
- My iPhone Home Page AppsVideo:
- Video: Apple Leather iPhone 5/5S Case (Product RED)
- Philips announces Hue BR30 bulbs recessed lighting
- Twelve South announces BookBook Travel Journal
- Everpix shuts down
Browse and search for more articles