PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- Report: The how, the where, and the when for the Apple Watch ordering
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
- Session with Becoming Steve Jobs authors available on iTunes
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
Browse and search for more articles