PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
- Every Day Carry Gear/Gadgets (Video)
- Denon announces new line of AVRs with AirPlay, iOS remote
- T-Mobile TV now available for iOS
Browse and search for more articles