PsyStar is back in the news with fresh statements designed to ameliorate concerns raised by journalists and bloggers vis-a-vis the company's sleazy behavior.
We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street.
It is, of course, worth reiterating the company has changed its stated address a half-dozen times since the beginning of the week.
A matter of interpretation?
Then there's the red-flag issue that the company has stopped taking orders because it can no longer process credit cards.
This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.
However, according to a News.com write up, Louisa Deluca, vice president, loss prevention, Powerpay, disputed those claims.
She declined to cite specific violations, but said "there are plenty of reasons why we shut the account off. We did not know that's what he was selling, we learned that yesterday."
That's apparently a reference to PsyStar selling computers loaded with OS X Leopard, which is a violation of Apple's EULA, by using Netkas' PC EFI, also a violation of that software's license terms.
Editor's note: I keep expecting Jack Campbell to pop up in connection with this absurd display as the level of sleaze is on par with his known exploits...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- Apple opens OS X betas to everyone
- Apple patches triple handshake, other vulnerabilities
- Apple TV ad Powerful shows off iPhone 5s prowess
- 1Password gets significant updates to iOS, OS X
- Proposed Thunderbolt standard promises to support dual 4K displays
- A&E, The History Channel, and Lifetime channels now available on Apple TV
- Apple touts environmental efforts for Earth Day
- Report: Nike looks to get out of fitness tracker game
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
Browse and search for more articles