TUAW reports that Apple-approved iPhone developers have been hit by the "Pink Screen of Death." The current iPhone 1.2 firmware distributed by Apple to developers expired at 12:01AM last night.
This device is expired. Please install a newer version of the OS.
TUAW links to a how to restore firmware article for those experiencing a PSoD event.
Also, iPhone hacker Nicholas "Drudge" Penree has told TUAW that users can bypass 1.2 / 2.0 activation altogether by using the iPhone DevTeam's PwnageTool.
Barring these "unofficial" methods, affected devs will need to wait until Apple releases an updated version of the iPhone 1.2 firmware.
[u] iPhoneAtlas reports that "the new SDK build is available, but a device-installable OS update is not, leaving developers locked out from their iPhones for the time being."[u]
Editor's note: Pwnage to the rescue? That's rich irony...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles