TUAW reports that Apple-approved iPhone developers have been hit by the "Pink Screen of Death." The current iPhone 1.2 firmware distributed by Apple to developers expired at 12:01AM last night.
This device is expired. Please install a newer version of the OS.
TUAW links to a how to restore firmware article for those experiencing a PSoD event.
Also, iPhone hacker Nicholas "Drudge" Penree has told TUAW that users can bypass 1.2 / 2.0 activation altogether by using the iPhone DevTeam's PwnageTool.
Barring these "unofficial" methods, affected devs will need to wait until Apple releases an updated version of the iPhone 1.2 firmware.
[u] iPhoneAtlas reports that "the new SDK build is available, but a device-installable OS update is not, leaving developers locked out from their iPhones for the time being."[u]
Editor's note: Pwnage to the rescue? That's rich irony...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles