TUAW reports that Apple-approved iPhone developers have been hit by the "Pink Screen of Death." The current iPhone 1.2 firmware distributed by Apple to developers expired at 12:01AM last night.
This device is expired. Please install a newer version of the OS.
TUAW links to a how to restore firmware article for those experiencing a PSoD event.
Also, iPhone hacker Nicholas "Drudge" Penree has told TUAW that users can bypass 1.2 / 2.0 activation altogether by using the iPhone DevTeam's PwnageTool.
Barring these "unofficial" methods, affected devs will need to wait until Apple releases an updated version of the iPhone 1.2 firmware.
[u] iPhoneAtlas reports that "the new SDK build is available, but a device-installable OS update is not, leaving developers locked out from their iPhones for the time being."[u]
Editor's note: Pwnage to the rescue? That's rich irony...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
Browse and search for more articles