TUAW reports that Apple-approved iPhone developers have been hit by the "Pink Screen of Death." The current iPhone 1.2 firmware distributed by Apple to developers expired at 12:01AM last night.
This device is expired. Please install a newer version of the OS.
TUAW links to a how to restore firmware article for those experiencing a PSoD event.
Also, iPhone hacker Nicholas "Drudge" Penree has told TUAW that users can bypass 1.2 / 2.0 activation altogether by using the iPhone DevTeam's PwnageTool.
Barring these "unofficial" methods, affected devs will need to wait until Apple releases an updated version of the iPhone 1.2 firmware.
[u] iPhoneAtlas reports that "the new SDK build is available, but a device-installable OS update is not, leaving developers locked out from their iPhones for the time being."[u]
Editor's note: Pwnage to the rescue? That's rich irony...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
Browse and search for more articles