TUAW reports that Apple-approved iPhone developers have been hit by the "Pink Screen of Death." The current iPhone 1.2 firmware distributed by Apple to developers expired at 12:01AM last night.
This device is expired. Please install a newer version of the OS.
TUAW links to a how to restore firmware article for those experiencing a PSoD event.
Also, iPhone hacker Nicholas "Drudge" Penree has told TUAW that users can bypass 1.2 / 2.0 activation altogether by using the iPhone DevTeam's PwnageTool.
Barring these "unofficial" methods, affected devs will need to wait until Apple releases an updated version of the iPhone 1.2 firmware.
[u] iPhoneAtlas reports that "the new SDK build is available, but a device-installable OS update is not, leaving developers locked out from their iPhones for the time being."[u]
Editor's note: Pwnage to the rescue? That's rich irony...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
Browse and search for more articles