AppleInsider writes that the Mac mini is about to receive a much-needed makeover.
Because Intel's fazing out the Core 2 Duo processors found inside current minis, Apple's diminutive desktop will be moved to the same 45nm Penrym-3M processors used in the MacBook, etc.
Thereupon, the mini will get new internals, including a 2.1GHz process with a 3MB shared L2 cache sitting on a 800MHz front-side bus and, perhaps most welcome of all, Intel's GMA X3100 integrated graphics, which will greatly boost performance over the current GMA 950.
w/ 512MB, 80GB, SuperDrive for $649 with free shipping!
It's said, however, that revised Mac minis are in "the engineering build stage as of mid-month," so they're not likely to appear for at least a month.
In related news, it has been rumored that we could see revised iMacs around the beginning of April.
Editor's note: Previously, rumors circulated that Apple was working on a "Mac nano." This news would seem to preclude that...
What's your take?
+ FREE Shipping + Printer + Parallel Desktop 3.0 after Rebate(s)
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
Browse and search for more articles