As a product manager, there are few things that kill your life—family, SO, sleep, etc—faster or more thoroughly than shipping bugs on a Friday. Wherever you are when the bad news comes in—home, beach, in-laws, 96-hour rave—becomes a crisis center.
Thereupon, I doubt the guys and gals at Adobe responsible for the Lightroom and Camera RAW product lines had much fun this weekend—they shipped crap on Friday.
A post on Adobe's Lightroom Journal blog details how to remove the Lightroom 1.4 and Camera RAW updates.
As you might expect, comments on this post left by users aren't exactly filled with love and light for Adobe.
Here's a good example:
You have no idea how much pain this caused over the weekend. I can only hope that the QA folk have learned some important lessons about regression testing so we don't see this kind of thing repeated.
Were not for the ongoing public pissing match between Apple and Adobe over Flash / .pdf on the iPhone, I might have a little sympathy...
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
Browse and search for more articles