As a product manager, there are few things that kill your life—family, SO, sleep, etc—faster or more thoroughly than shipping bugs on a Friday. Wherever you are when the bad news comes in—home, beach, in-laws, 96-hour rave—becomes a crisis center.
Thereupon, I doubt the guys and gals at Adobe responsible for the Lightroom and Camera RAW product lines had much fun this weekend—they shipped crap on Friday.
A post on Adobe's Lightroom Journal blog details how to remove the Lightroom 1.4 and Camera RAW updates.
As you might expect, comments on this post left by users aren't exactly filled with love and light for Adobe.
Here's a good example:
You have no idea how much pain this caused over the weekend. I can only hope that the QA folk have learned some important lessons about regression testing so we don't see this kind of thing repeated.
Were not for the ongoing public pissing match between Apple and Adobe over Flash / .pdf on the iPhone, I might have a little sympathy...
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles