Wired reports that a small but vocal minority on Flickr, which is owned by Yahoo are already staging online protests at the prospect of a Microsoft takeover.
As soon as the news hit the wires that Microsoft is proposing a $44.6 billion bid for Yahoo, Flickr users began posting anti-Microsoft images, satirical Flickr Live logos and announcing they will abandon Flickr if it falls into Microsoft.
Source: Flickr user jcrr
“Well then, I’m outta here!” announced one Flickr user who goes by the name Judland.
The article notes that a relatively few Flickr members vituperate spontaneously at the thought of a Microsoft takeover. Nevertheless, given the prevalence of Mac users on the site—it's cool, hip and Web 2.0, so we own it—it's not hard to imagine a mass exodus should Redmond gain control...
What's your take?
- Speed tests on MacBook Pro SSD speeds
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 Released
- Apple TV set reported abandoned
- MacBook Pro gains Force Touch, iMac 5K gets new pricing
- Video: How to sign/encrypt email using OS X Mail and a secure certificate authority CA
- LifeProof ships water-proof battery backup case
- Apple Watch lacks anti-theft security
- iGrill thermometer comes to the Apple Watch
- Apple Pay chipping away at Walmart backed CurrentC
- Safari on the Apple Watch
- Vulnerability found with MacKeeper
- Mac App Store sales
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Fitness Features/Tracker
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Productivity Apps: OmniFocus, Trello, Evernote IFTTT
- Tattoos and Apple Watches may not mix
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Making/Receiving Phone Calls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Siri
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Maps/Navigation
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
Browse and search for more articles