Wired reports that a small but vocal minority on Flickr, which is owned by Yahoo are already staging online protests at the prospect of a Microsoft takeover.
As soon as the news hit the wires that Microsoft is proposing a $44.6 billion bid for Yahoo, Flickr users began posting anti-Microsoft images, satirical Flickr Live logos and announcing they will abandon Flickr if it falls into Microsoft.
Source: Flickr user jcrr
“Well then, I’m outta here!” announced one Flickr user who goes by the name Judland.
The article notes that a relatively few Flickr members vituperate spontaneously at the thought of a Microsoft takeover. Nevertheless, given the prevalence of Mac users on the site—it's cool, hip and Web 2.0, so we own it—it's not hard to imagine a mass exodus should Redmond gain control...
What's your take?
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
Browse and search for more articles