Wired reports that a small but vocal minority on Flickr, which is owned by Yahoo are already staging online protests at the prospect of a Microsoft takeover.
As soon as the news hit the wires that Microsoft is proposing a $44.6 billion bid for Yahoo, Flickr users began posting anti-Microsoft images, satirical Flickr Live logos and announcing they will abandon Flickr if it falls into Microsoft.
Source: Flickr user jcrr
“Well then, I’m outta here!” announced one Flickr user who goes by the name Judland.
The article notes that a relatively few Flickr members vituperate spontaneously at the thought of a Microsoft takeover. Nevertheless, given the prevalence of Mac users on the site—it's cool, hip and Web 2.0, so we own it—it's not hard to imagine a mass exodus should Redmond gain control...
What's your take?
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
Browse and search for more articles