Bloomberg reports that T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom) can block iPhone buyers from using the handset on competitors' networks, a German court ruled, overturning an injunction won by Vodafone Group.
"From the beginning we were very convinced that this was an offer that's absolutely fine from the legal side and a really good offer for the customer," said T-Mobile spokesman Klaus Czerwinski.
The Regional Court of Hamburg said in a statement today that it lifted an injunction obtained by Vodafone that stopped T-Mobile unit from selling the device only with a two-year exclusive contract or with software that only works with its network.
T-Mobile has said that it will scrap an unrestricted €999 iPhone offer ($1,477) that it introduced to comply with the initial court order. From now, the iPhone will only be available in Germany for €399 with a binding contract.
Editor's note: Viva la hack!
with signature gift wrap and free shipping.
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles