Bloomberg reports that T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom) can block iPhone buyers from using the handset on competitors' networks, a German court ruled, overturning an injunction won by Vodafone Group.
"From the beginning we were very convinced that this was an offer that's absolutely fine from the legal side and a really good offer for the customer," said T-Mobile spokesman Klaus Czerwinski.
The Regional Court of Hamburg said in a statement today that it lifted an injunction obtained by Vodafone that stopped T-Mobile unit from selling the device only with a two-year exclusive contract or with software that only works with its network.
T-Mobile has said that it will scrap an unrestricted €999 iPhone offer ($1,477) that it introduced to comply with the initial court order. From now, the iPhone will only be available in Germany for €399 with a binding contract.
Editor's note: Viva la hack!
with signature gift wrap and free shipping.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles