AppleInsider is repeating a one-line email from Steve Jobs to an iPhone user about a known issue with 2.x of the device's firmware.
"This is a known iPhone bug that is being fixed in the next software update in September," El Jobs is quoted as writing.
According to AppleInsider, the nut of the issue is this—iPhone 2.0 firmware won't allow user-installed apps to launch. Specifically, the bug occurs both with newly downloaded apps and updates.
To date, AppleInsider says that no combination of re-installing, restoring, etc has proven effective in eliminating this problem.
Editor's note: It's somewhat odd that Steve, knowing his missive would likely be leaked to the masses, didn't attempt to offer broader reassurance as there a number of vexing issues bedeviling users (ie 3G connectivity).
Thereupon, I wonder what percentage of Steve-fathered emails actually get passed on to the media? I wonder how many get dismissed out of hand as hoaxes?
Lastly, a number of users, including a certain Mssr Laporte, are saying that downloading and installing apps directly from the iPhone can cause problems and downloading / installing only via iTunes / sync has resolved said issues.
Your mileage may vary...
Choose from over 4-million songs!
Work on any MP3 player, including the iPod! Click Here
- BassJump Subwoofer gets update for Mavericks
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
- MOGA Ace Power iOS game controller
- Sprint offers free 12 month smartphone service for students
- Find My Friends app get iOS 7 treatment
- PBS, Yahoo Screen comes to Apple TV
- Podcast: Episode 100, iPad mini, iPhone case is crappy or not? Everpix, plus more
- My iPhone Home Page AppsVideo:
- Video: Apple Leather iPhone 5/5S Case (Product RED)
- Philips announces Hue BR30 bulbs recessed lighting
- Twelve South announces BookBook Travel Journal
- Everpix shuts down
Browse and search for more articles