AppleInsider is repeating a one-line email from Steve Jobs to an iPhone user about a known issue with 2.x of the device's firmware.
"This is a known iPhone bug that is being fixed in the next software update in September," El Jobs is quoted as writing.
According to AppleInsider, the nut of the issue is this—iPhone 2.0 firmware won't allow user-installed apps to launch. Specifically, the bug occurs both with newly downloaded apps and updates.
To date, AppleInsider says that no combination of re-installing, restoring, etc has proven effective in eliminating this problem.
Editor's note: It's somewhat odd that Steve, knowing his missive would likely be leaked to the masses, didn't attempt to offer broader reassurance as there a number of vexing issues bedeviling users (ie 3G connectivity).
Thereupon, I wonder what percentage of Steve-fathered emails actually get passed on to the media? I wonder how many get dismissed out of hand as hoaxes?
Lastly, a number of users, including a certain Mssr Laporte, are saying that downloading and installing apps directly from the iPhone can cause problems and downloading / installing only via iTunes / sync has resolved said issues.
Your mileage may vary...
Choose from over 4-million songs!
Work on any MP3 player, including the iPod! Click Here
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
Browse and search for more articles