Mozilla has announced the availability of Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1.
• One-click site info: Click the site favicon in the location bar to see who owns the site and to check if your connection is protected from eavesdropping.
• Reduced memory usage
• Star button: quickly add bookmarks from the location bar
• New graphics and font handling
Get your copy of Firefox 3 RC1 here (English, MB). For other languages, go to Mozilla's download page.
Editor's note: I've been using Firefox 3 beta 5 since it came—it's been golden and noticeably faster than Safari for most tasks.
Give Firefox 3 RC1 a try and report back with your impression.
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles