Mozilla has announced the availability of Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1.
• One-click site info: Click the site favicon in the location bar to see who owns the site and to check if your connection is protected from eavesdropping.
• Reduced memory usage
• Star button: quickly add bookmarks from the location bar
• New graphics and font handling
Get your copy of Firefox 3 RC1 here (English, MB). For other languages, go to Mozilla's download page.
Editor's note: I've been using Firefox 3 beta 5 since it came—it's been golden and noticeably faster than Safari for most tasks.
Give Firefox 3 RC1 a try and report back with your impression.
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
Browse and search for more articles