Wired reports that Wal-Mart's mp3 store is selling DRM-free music, which might be considered a good thing™ were it not for a number of egregious problems with the store itself, including its limited content.
On the latter point, Wal-Mart isn't offering music, at least temporarily, from Sony/BMG and Warner. Whereas Wired believes said content isn't available because of "licensing squabbles," I'm more inclined to believe always parsimonious Wal-Mart won't pay them off and is holding out for better terms.
And, as mentioned, issues with the store itself cancel out any good gained by the switch to DRM-free—many of the retail giant's mp3 store's features require Internet Explorer.
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard now only $109.98! Order NOW!
Further, attempting to load Wal-Mart's mp3 store in Safari or Firefox on a Mac generates the following message:
We're sorry, your operating system is incompatible. To provide the best download experience, we can no longer support Windows 98, ME or NT. Please visit again after you upgrade to Windows 2000 or XP.
Upgrade to XP? Um, maybe not...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
Browse and search for more articles