Although T-Mobile Germany's very own iPhone plan page doesn't yet show any change, fscklog (German, Google translation) reports that the company is offering reduced pricing for the 8GB iPhone.
• €99 up front, €29 per month
— "Free" visual voicemail, 50 minutes voice time, 500MB data, €0.19 per SMS
— €0.49 / 100MB additional data,
As you can see from the above table, the more money spend upfront on the handset, the cheaper / more inclusive the plans are (and vice versa).
Perhaps the most-interesting tidbit in their report is that these new special deals end on June 30.
Editor's note: Assuming T-Mobile will actually offer these plans, can we reasonably infer that new iPhones will arrive on July 1 or closely thereafter? Also, does this rejigging indicate that the Apple's freshman handset isn't selling as well as hoped?
Perhaps correct on both counts...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
Browse and search for more articles