Gizmodo was in the room when AT&T CEO Ralph da la Vega spoke about the future release of the 3G iPhone, tangentially.
"Let me repeat what I said: I think that you're going to see our integrated devices be 3G devices in the not-too-distant future, and I mean months. That should be clear enough," said the CEO.
The comment came in response to question from a hack, which Giz summarized thusly:
He had mentioned earlier in the event that he expected all of their smart integrated devices to be 3G in the next couple months. Sascha Segan from PC Mag asked it that included the iPhone.
But this information, though seemingly sensational coming from an Apple partner and all, isn't particularly illuminating. We know that the 3G iPhone manufacturing contract has just been let and that Apple can't sell it without the FCC' blessing, which takes about 90 days anyway.
Editor's note: I imagine being associated with the iPhone is something like being related to a famous person—"What's up with the 3G iPhone? Huh? Oh, yeah, it's to nice see you, too. Anyway about the iPhone..."
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
Browse and search for more articles