Gizmodo was in the room when AT&T CEO Ralph da la Vega spoke about the future release of the 3G iPhone, tangentially.
"Let me repeat what I said: I think that you're going to see our integrated devices be 3G devices in the not-too-distant future, and I mean months. That should be clear enough," said the CEO.
The comment came in response to question from a hack, which Giz summarized thusly:
He had mentioned earlier in the event that he expected all of their smart integrated devices to be 3G in the next couple months. Sascha Segan from PC Mag asked it that included the iPhone.
But this information, though seemingly sensational coming from an Apple partner and all, isn't particularly illuminating. We know that the 3G iPhone manufacturing contract has just been let and that Apple can't sell it without the FCC' blessing, which takes about 90 days anyway.
Editor's note: I imagine being associated with the iPhone is something like being related to a famous person—"What's up with the 3G iPhone? Huh? Oh, yeah, it's to nice see you, too. Anyway about the iPhone..."
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
- Cheaper 5G iPod tough springs up for $229 sans iSight
- August Smart Lock makes your deadbolt lock smart
Browse and search for more articles