Quoting Gartner analyst Ken Dulaney, iPod Observer reports that Apple may have ordered a second round of 10 million iPhones based on the 3G network, based that on rumors the punter's become aware of in Asia.
This 3G iPhone order (grain o' salt) comes in addition to the 10-million first-gen handsets Apple has committed to selling this year, says Delaney.
Further, he speculates that the 3G iPhone will come equipped with low-cost, super-thin OLED displays, which will help extend battery life and could lead to a smaller form factor.
Editor's note: Although the iPhone is a force of nature and has irrevocably changed the mobile business, it's widely believed that 3G version, expected this Summer, will attract tens-of-millions of new buyers because its better speed and reliability, particularly in handset-obsessed Europe...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles