Quoting Gartner analyst Ken Dulaney, iPod Observer reports that Apple may have ordered a second round of 10 million iPhones based on the 3G network, based that on rumors the punter's become aware of in Asia.
This 3G iPhone order (grain o' salt) comes in addition to the 10-million first-gen handsets Apple has committed to selling this year, says Delaney.
Further, he speculates that the 3G iPhone will come equipped with low-cost, super-thin OLED displays, which will help extend battery life and could lead to a smaller form factor.
Editor's note: Although the iPhone is a force of nature and has irrevocably changed the mobile business, it's widely believed that 3G version, expected this Summer, will attract tens-of-millions of new buyers because its better speed and reliability, particularly in handset-obsessed Europe...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles