February 17th 2008
By Mike Flaminio
The Street has posted a video take--tellingly entitled Mac users are snobs--on Mindset Media's attention grabbing research that found Mac users to be more liberal, less modest and more assured of their own superiority.
New info / correlations in The Street's version:
• Mac users more likely to use teeth-whitening products
• Mac users bought on average five new pairs of sneakers in the last year
• More likely to buy organic food
• More likely to frequent Starbucks
• More likely to own a hybrid car
• Mac users are perfectionists
• More likely to use notebooks
• Prefer to drive station wagons
• More likely to pay more for green products
• More likely to pay for downloaded music
We've heard most or all of this before. But, five pairs of sneakers a year? Sheesh! I buy one pair of chucks every two years...
What's your take?
Mercury Extreme SSD
Power2U AC/USB Wall Outlet
Mac RAM (Retina)
MacBook Pro Memory
2TB Tiger SSD
iSchmutz Air Filter