AT&T and Starbucks have mutually announced plans to deliver AT&T Wi-FiSM service at more than 7,000 company-operated Starbucks locations across the US.
“This is what our customers have been waiting for—free Starbucks-quality Wi-Fi,” said Chris Bruzzo, CTO, Starbucks. “Through our new partnership with AT&T, we also welcome their millions of current customers who can now come in and enjoy free Wi-Fi as part of their daily Starbucks Experience.”
Beginning this spring, Starbucks Card holders can enjoy up to two hours of free Wi-Fi service per day at Starbucks locations offering Wi-Fi access, while more than 12 million AT&T broadband and AT&T U-verse Internet customers get unlimited free access to the service. In addition, more than 5 million AT&T’s remote business customers can access Wi-Fi service at Starbucks locations.
with a custom-fitted case.
Additionally, anyone can buy access to AT&T / Starbucks Wi-Fi for $4 (two hours). Monthly membership will also be available for $20 per month and will include access to any of AT&T’s 70,000 hot spots in 89 countries worldwide.
Editor's note: T-Mobile has been dumped, unceremoniously. That's gotta sting.
And, although Apple isn't mentioned, but their fingerprints are all over this. The hidden, guiding hand of El Jobs, perhaps...
What's your take?
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles