AT&T and Starbucks have mutually announced plans to deliver AT&T Wi-FiSM service at more than 7,000 company-operated Starbucks locations across the US.
“This is what our customers have been waiting for—free Starbucks-quality Wi-Fi,” said Chris Bruzzo, CTO, Starbucks. “Through our new partnership with AT&T, we also welcome their millions of current customers who can now come in and enjoy free Wi-Fi as part of their daily Starbucks Experience.”
Beginning this spring, Starbucks Card holders can enjoy up to two hours of free Wi-Fi service per day at Starbucks locations offering Wi-Fi access, while more than 12 million AT&T broadband and AT&T U-verse Internet customers get unlimited free access to the service. In addition, more than 5 million AT&T’s remote business customers can access Wi-Fi service at Starbucks locations.
with a custom-fitted case.
Additionally, anyone can buy access to AT&T / Starbucks Wi-Fi for $4 (two hours). Monthly membership will also be available for $20 per month and will include access to any of AT&T’s 70,000 hot spots in 89 countries worldwide.
Editor's note: T-Mobile has been dumped, unceremoniously. That's gotta sting.
And, although Apple isn't mentioned, but their fingerprints are all over this. The hidden, guiding hand of El Jobs, perhaps...
What's your take?
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
- Apple Watch Guided Tours
- Podcast: Apple Watch Preview/Preorder, Steve Jobs Book + More
- Evernote makes scanning easier with auto detection
- Wired on the Apple Watch origins
- Amazon Dash Button
- Early Benchmarks at new Macbook
- Report: The how, the where, and the when for the Apple Watch ordering
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
Browse and search for more articles