Reuters reports that T-Mobile, the wireless arm of Deutsche Telekom, has said it has activated 70,000 iPhone accounts in the 11 weeks since the device's Nov 9 launch.
"The iPhone is by far the most sold multimedia device in T-Mobile's portfolio," said Philipp Humm, head of T-Mobile.
In related news, French operator France Telecom said on January 10 it had sold more than 70,000 iPhones since they arrived on November 28.
Previous estimates put T-Mobile iPhones sale at 100K.
Editor's note: Another reason to unload AAPL? Perhaps, but Apple's long-term outlook is still very, very good...
What's your take?
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
- Apple Pay expands to support reward programs, store cards
Browse and search for more articles