Reuters reports that T-Mobile, the wireless arm of Deutsche Telekom, has said it has activated 70,000 iPhone accounts in the 11 weeks since the device's Nov 9 launch.
"The iPhone is by far the most sold multimedia device in T-Mobile's portfolio," said Philipp Humm, head of T-Mobile.
In related news, French operator France Telecom said on January 10 it had sold more than 70,000 iPhones since they arrived on November 28.
Previous estimates put T-Mobile iPhones sale at 100K.
Editor's note: Another reason to unload AAPL? Perhaps, but Apple's long-term outlook is still very, very good...
What's your take?
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
Browse and search for more articles