Reuters reports that T-Mobile, the wireless arm of Deutsche Telekom, has said it has activated 70,000 iPhone accounts in the 11 weeks since the device's Nov 9 launch.
"The iPhone is by far the most sold multimedia device in T-Mobile's portfolio," said Philipp Humm, head of T-Mobile.
In related news, French operator France Telecom said on January 10 it had sold more than 70,000 iPhones since they arrived on November 28.
Previous estimates put T-Mobile iPhones sale at 100K.
Editor's note: Another reason to unload AAPL? Perhaps, but Apple's long-term outlook is still very, very good...
What's your take?
- Podcast: Jony Ive, Apple Watch Apps + more
- Rumors of Google Now like features in iOS 9
- Same day delivery option appears on Apple Store app
- Solving Apple Pre-Order Problems
- Ive named Chief Design Officer
- Gold plate your Apple Watch at home
- OWC announces Accelsior S PCIe mount for SSD drives
- Speed tests on MacBook Pro SSD speeds
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 Released
- Apple TV set reported abandoned
- MacBook Pro gains Force Touch, iMac 5K gets new pricing
- Video: How to sign/encrypt email using OS X Mail and a secure certificate authority CA
- LifeProof ships water-proof battery backup case
- Apple Watch lacks anti-theft security
- iGrill thermometer comes to the Apple Watch
- Apple Pay chipping away at Walmart backed CurrentC
- Safari on the Apple Watch
- Vulnerability found with MacKeeper
- Mac App Store sales
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
Browse and search for more articles