Reuters reports that T-Mobile, the wireless arm of Deutsche Telekom, has said it has activated 70,000 iPhone accounts in the 11 weeks since the device's Nov 9 launch.
"The iPhone is by far the most sold multimedia device in T-Mobile's portfolio," said Philipp Humm, head of T-Mobile.
In related news, French operator France Telecom said on January 10 it had sold more than 70,000 iPhones since they arrived on November 28.
Previous estimates put T-Mobile iPhones sale at 100K.
Editor's note: Another reason to unload AAPL? Perhaps, but Apple's long-term outlook is still very, very good...
What's your take?
- Apple opens OS X betas to everyone
- Apple patches triple handshake, other vulnerabilities
- Apple TV ad Powerful shows off iPhone 5s prowess
- 1Password gets significant updates to iOS, OS X
- Proposed Thunderbolt standard promises to support dual 4K displays
- A&E, The History Channel, and Lifetime channels now available on Apple TV
- Apple touts environmental efforts for Earth Day
- Report: Nike looks to get out of fitness tracker game
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
Browse and search for more articles