Reuters reports that T-Mobile, the wireless arm of Deutsche Telekom, has said it has activated 70,000 iPhone accounts in the 11 weeks since the device's Nov 9 launch.
"The iPhone is by far the most sold multimedia device in T-Mobile's portfolio," said Philipp Humm, head of T-Mobile.
In related news, French operator France Telecom said on January 10 it had sold more than 70,000 iPhones since they arrived on November 28.
Previous estimates put T-Mobile iPhones sale at 100K.
Editor's note: Another reason to unload AAPL? Perhaps, but Apple's long-term outlook is still very, very good...
What's your take?
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
- Every Day Carry Gear/Gadgets (Video)
- Denon announces new line of AVRs with AirPlay, iOS remote
- T-Mobile TV now available for iOS
- Google Glass on Weekend Update
- Podcast: Lots of iOS 7 rumors, Google Now, CoD Ghosts + More
Browse and search for more articles