Reuters reports that T-Mobile, the wireless arm of Deutsche Telekom, has said it has activated 70,000 iPhone accounts in the 11 weeks since the device's Nov 9 launch.
"The iPhone is by far the most sold multimedia device in T-Mobile's portfolio," said Philipp Humm, head of T-Mobile.
In related news, French operator France Telecom said on January 10 it had sold more than 70,000 iPhones since they arrived on November 28.
Previous estimates put T-Mobile iPhones sale at 100K.
Editor's note: Another reason to unload AAPL? Perhaps, but Apple's long-term outlook is still very, very good...
What's your take?
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
Browse and search for more articles