January 26th 2008
By Mike Flaminio
Reuters reports that T-Mobile, the wireless arm of Deutsche Telekom, has said it has activated 70,000 iPhone accounts in the 11 weeks since the device's Nov 9 launch.
"The iPhone is by far the most sold multimedia device in T-Mobile's portfolio," said Philipp Humm, head of T-Mobile.
In related news, French operator France Telecom said on January 10 it had sold more than 70,000 iPhones since they arrived on November 28.
Previous estimates put T-Mobile iPhones sale at 100K.
Editor's note: Another reason to unload AAPL? Perhaps, but Apple's long-term outlook is still very, very good...
What's your take?
Refurbished Apple TV
- T-Mobile offers unlimited Apple Music streaming
- Report suggests Apple Music attracted 10M users
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy near you
- Apple offers Beats Solo2 headphone in Back to School Deal
- Lifehackers rundown of essentialiOS apps
- New OS X Yosemite bug posses a security vulnerability
- Jim Dalrymple doesn't like Apple Music
- Apple reports $49.6 billion quarter
- Apple and customers first
- Apple's If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone ads
- Angry Birds 2 coming later this month
- Apple revisit iPod lineup
- Rumor suggests Apple might be closer to TV deal
- TiVo app now supports AirPlay for transferred shows
- NewerTech USB wall outlet Power2U gets smaller
- Comcast testing new streaming TV service
- Comcast announces 2Gb Internet services to 7 states
- Podcast: Thoughts on Apple Music
- iOS 9 and El Capitan now available as public beta
- Office 2016 available for 365 Users
- Tip: How to swap Apple Music Connect button for Playlists
- Showtime now available without cable
- Apple extending reach w/ third-party cases
- Interesting info on how Apple Music likes work
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD