Way, way back in July of last year, IGM reported a rumor that Apple and Jay-Z we're planning to launch a record label. Months passed and nothing more surfaced other than Jaz-Z walking away from Def Jam, which he led to glory.
Well, this old rumor is new again with a report from Boy Genius, which claims to have confirmed it as true:
While this might be one of his many other venutures, we just heard that Jay-Z is launching a record label with Apple. No, Beyonce will not be formally attached. This is from a high-up person attached to Jay (no, not who youíre thinking), and itís said to be a go! Jay is supposedly totally into the business model, and really wants this to happen.
That's rather thin, but there is a certain logic to an Apple / Jay-Z pairing. iTunes is already a label in everything but name...
What's your take?
and Intel Core 2 Duo. From $599.
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
- Every Day Carry Gear/Gadgets (Video)
- Denon announces new line of AVRs with AirPlay, iOS remote
- T-Mobile TV now available for iOS
- Google Glass on Weekend Update
- Podcast: Lots of iOS 7 rumors, Google Now, CoD Ghosts + More
- Apple expands SSD options for iMacs
Browse and search for more articles