Quoting a ChangeWave data, Yahoo reports that a survey of 90-day computer buying plans shows continuing momentum for the Macs among both consumer and business customers.
Here's a snapshot of their results:
• 29 percent of likely notebook and desktop PC buyers are planning to get a Mac.
• HP laptops (21 percent)
• HP desktops (24)
• Dell laptops (28)
• Dell desktops (31)
A separate ChangeWave poll of corporate PC buyers found increasing demand for Macs, too. For companies planning to buy computers next quarter, 7 percent of laptop buyers and 6 percent of desktop buyers plan to get Macs—up from 4 percent of laptop buyers and 3 percent of desktop buyers two years ago.
Also of note is the statistic showing that nearly one-in-four respondents (24 percent) of the most recent poll say that the release of Leopard makes them more likely to buy Mac.
The article cites Apple's high customer satisfaction (80 percent) and tight software / hardware integration as factors helping it to outgrow rivals.
Editor's note: Apple's been outgrowing the competition for quite some time and the formula's rather simple—quality. It's becoming embarrassing to watch Dell et al flounder...
What's your take?
Download it Now on iTunes.
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
Browse and search for more articles