Quoting a ChangeWave data, Yahoo reports that a survey of 90-day computer buying plans shows continuing momentum for the Macs among both consumer and business customers.
Here's a snapshot of their results:
• 29 percent of likely notebook and desktop PC buyers are planning to get a Mac.
• HP laptops (21 percent)
• HP desktops (24)
• Dell laptops (28)
• Dell desktops (31)
A separate ChangeWave poll of corporate PC buyers found increasing demand for Macs, too. For companies planning to buy computers next quarter, 7 percent of laptop buyers and 6 percent of desktop buyers plan to get Macs—up from 4 percent of laptop buyers and 3 percent of desktop buyers two years ago.
Also of note is the statistic showing that nearly one-in-four respondents (24 percent) of the most recent poll say that the release of Leopard makes them more likely to buy Mac.
The article cites Apple's high customer satisfaction (80 percent) and tight software / hardware integration as factors helping it to outgrow rivals.
Editor's note: Apple's been outgrowing the competition for quite some time and the formula's rather simple—quality. It's becoming embarrassing to watch Dell et al flounder...
What's your take?
Download it Now on iTunes.
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
- Nest Protect once again on sale
Browse and search for more articles