Quoting a ChangeWave data, Yahoo reports that a survey of 90-day computer buying plans shows continuing momentum for the Macs among both consumer and business customers.
Here's a snapshot of their results:
• 29 percent of likely notebook and desktop PC buyers are planning to get a Mac.
• HP laptops (21 percent)
• HP desktops (24)
• Dell laptops (28)
• Dell desktops (31)
A separate ChangeWave poll of corporate PC buyers found increasing demand for Macs, too. For companies planning to buy computers next quarter, 7 percent of laptop buyers and 6 percent of desktop buyers plan to get Macs—up from 4 percent of laptop buyers and 3 percent of desktop buyers two years ago.
Also of note is the statistic showing that nearly one-in-four respondents (24 percent) of the most recent poll say that the release of Leopard makes them more likely to buy Mac.
The article cites Apple's high customer satisfaction (80 percent) and tight software / hardware integration as factors helping it to outgrow rivals.
Editor's note: Apple's been outgrowing the competition for quite some time and the formula's rather simple—quality. It's becoming embarrassing to watch Dell et al flounder...
What's your take?
Download it Now on iTunes.
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
Browse and search for more articles