Quoting a ChangeWave data, Yahoo reports that a survey of 90-day computer buying plans shows continuing momentum for the Macs among both consumer and business customers.
Here's a snapshot of their results:
• 29 percent of likely notebook and desktop PC buyers are planning to get a Mac.
• HP laptops (21 percent)
• HP desktops (24)
• Dell laptops (28)
• Dell desktops (31)
A separate ChangeWave poll of corporate PC buyers found increasing demand for Macs, too. For companies planning to buy computers next quarter, 7 percent of laptop buyers and 6 percent of desktop buyers plan to get Macs—up from 4 percent of laptop buyers and 3 percent of desktop buyers two years ago.
Also of note is the statistic showing that nearly one-in-four respondents (24 percent) of the most recent poll say that the release of Leopard makes them more likely to buy Mac.
The article cites Apple's high customer satisfaction (80 percent) and tight software / hardware integration as factors helping it to outgrow rivals.
Editor's note: Apple's been outgrowing the competition for quite some time and the formula's rather simple—quality. It's becoming embarrassing to watch Dell et al flounder...
What's your take?
Download it Now on iTunes.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles