Quoting a ChangeWave data, Yahoo reports that a survey of 90-day computer buying plans shows continuing momentum for the Macs among both consumer and business customers.
Here's a snapshot of their results:
• 29 percent of likely notebook and desktop PC buyers are planning to get a Mac.
• HP laptops (21 percent)
• HP desktops (24)
• Dell laptops (28)
• Dell desktops (31)
A separate ChangeWave poll of corporate PC buyers found increasing demand for Macs, too. For companies planning to buy computers next quarter, 7 percent of laptop buyers and 6 percent of desktop buyers plan to get Macs—up from 4 percent of laptop buyers and 3 percent of desktop buyers two years ago.
Also of note is the statistic showing that nearly one-in-four respondents (24 percent) of the most recent poll say that the release of Leopard makes them more likely to buy Mac.
The article cites Apple's high customer satisfaction (80 percent) and tight software / hardware integration as factors helping it to outgrow rivals.
Editor's note: Apple's been outgrowing the competition for quite some time and the formula's rather simple—quality. It's becoming embarrassing to watch Dell et al flounder...
What's your take?
Download it Now on iTunes.
- Apple TV adds HBO Go and WatchESPN
- Chimera adds Hackintosh support for Haswell, Mavericks
- iTunes Radio Preview (Video)
- Facebook app adds new privacy features, status icons
- Evernote adds Gmail clipping
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
Browse and search for more articles