Quoting a ChangeWave data, Yahoo reports that a survey of 90-day computer buying plans shows continuing momentum for the Macs among both consumer and business customers.
Here's a snapshot of their results:
• 29 percent of likely notebook and desktop PC buyers are planning to get a Mac.
• HP laptops (21 percent)
• HP desktops (24)
• Dell laptops (28)
• Dell desktops (31)
A separate ChangeWave poll of corporate PC buyers found increasing demand for Macs, too. For companies planning to buy computers next quarter, 7 percent of laptop buyers and 6 percent of desktop buyers plan to get Macs—up from 4 percent of laptop buyers and 3 percent of desktop buyers two years ago.
Also of note is the statistic showing that nearly one-in-four respondents (24 percent) of the most recent poll say that the release of Leopard makes them more likely to buy Mac.
The article cites Apple's high customer satisfaction (80 percent) and tight software / hardware integration as factors helping it to outgrow rivals.
Editor's note: Apple's been outgrowing the competition for quite some time and the formula's rather simple—quality. It's becoming embarrassing to watch Dell et al flounder...
What's your take?
Download it Now on iTunes.
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
- Griffin Reversible USB cable in iPhone colors - CES 2015
- Griffin iTrip AUX Bluetooth and iTrip AUX AutoPilot for cars - CES 2015
- NuMount VESA adapter announced for newer iMacs
- The Interview now available on iTunes
- Video: Anti-Gravity XP-1 battery jumps your car, charges your devices
- OS X Automated Security Update
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
Browse and search for more articles