Quoting a ChangeWave data, Yahoo reports that a survey of 90-day computer buying plans shows continuing momentum for the Macs among both consumer and business customers.
Here's a snapshot of their results:
• 29 percent of likely notebook and desktop PC buyers are planning to get a Mac.
• HP laptops (21 percent)
• HP desktops (24)
• Dell laptops (28)
• Dell desktops (31)
A separate ChangeWave poll of corporate PC buyers found increasing demand for Macs, too. For companies planning to buy computers next quarter, 7 percent of laptop buyers and 6 percent of desktop buyers plan to get Macs—up from 4 percent of laptop buyers and 3 percent of desktop buyers two years ago.
Also of note is the statistic showing that nearly one-in-four respondents (24 percent) of the most recent poll say that the release of Leopard makes them more likely to buy Mac.
The article cites Apple's high customer satisfaction (80 percent) and tight software / hardware integration as factors helping it to outgrow rivals.
Editor's note: Apple's been outgrowing the competition for quite some time and the formula's rather simple—quality. It's becoming embarrassing to watch Dell et al flounder...
What's your take?
Download it Now on iTunes.
- Ive named Chief Design Officer
- Gold plate your Apple Watch at home
- OWC announces Accelsior S PCIe mount for SSD drives
- Speed tests on MacBook Pro SSD speeds
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 Released
- Apple TV set reported abandoned
- MacBook Pro gains Force Touch, iMac 5K gets new pricing
- Video: How to sign/encrypt email using OS X Mail and a secure certificate authority CA
- LifeProof ships water-proof battery backup case
- Apple Watch lacks anti-theft security
- iGrill thermometer comes to the Apple Watch
- Apple Pay chipping away at Walmart backed CurrentC
- Safari on the Apple Watch
- Vulnerability found with MacKeeper
- Mac App Store sales
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Fitness Features/Tracker
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Productivity Apps: OmniFocus, Trello, Evernote IFTTT
- Tattoos and Apple Watches may not mix
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Making/Receiving Phone Calls
Browse and search for more articles