TimesOnline is running an interesting article Apple design impresario Jonathan Ive, which contains many of the usual anecdotes and platitudes vis-a-vis his design genius.
However, the truly interesting bit in the article regards the question of who will succeed His Steveness and, of course, Ive is listed as a leading contender.
Jess McMullin, a prominent Silicon Valley blogger, has gone as far as to write an open letter to Apple’s board of directors, pointing out that it is their “fiduciary duty to develop a succession plan” and that Jonathan Ive should be at the top of their list.
Dan Moren, co-editor of MacUser, agrees. He describes Mr Ive as “the man who embodies what Apple is perhaps most famous for—design.”
A couple perhaps not totally-unknown bloggers don't exactly constitute a groundswell or grassroots campaign. Nevertheless, the idea has merit...
What's your take?
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
Browse and search for more articles