TimesOnline is running an interesting article Apple design impresario Jonathan Ive, which contains many of the usual anecdotes and platitudes vis-a-vis his design genius.
However, the truly interesting bit in the article regards the question of who will succeed His Steveness and, of course, Ive is listed as a leading contender.
Jess McMullin, a prominent Silicon Valley blogger, has gone as far as to write an open letter to Apple’s board of directors, pointing out that it is their “fiduciary duty to develop a succession plan” and that Jonathan Ive should be at the top of their list.
Dan Moren, co-editor of MacUser, agrees. He describes Mr Ive as “the man who embodies what Apple is perhaps most famous for—design.”
A couple perhaps not totally-unknown bloggers don't exactly constitute a groundswell or grassroots campaign. Nevertheless, the idea has merit...
What's your take?
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
Browse and search for more articles