TimesOnline is running an interesting article Apple design impresario Jonathan Ive, which contains many of the usual anecdotes and platitudes vis-a-vis his design genius.
However, the truly interesting bit in the article regards the question of who will succeed His Steveness and, of course, Ive is listed as a leading contender.
Jess McMullin, a prominent Silicon Valley blogger, has gone as far as to write an open letter to Apple’s board of directors, pointing out that it is their “fiduciary duty to develop a succession plan” and that Jonathan Ive should be at the top of their list.
Dan Moren, co-editor of MacUser, agrees. He describes Mr Ive as “the man who embodies what Apple is perhaps most famous for—design.”
A couple perhaps not totally-unknown bloggers don't exactly constitute a groundswell or grassroots campaign. Nevertheless, the idea has merit...
What's your take?
- Cringely on IBM's massive restructuring
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
- Griffin Reversible USB cable in iPhone colors - CES 2015
- Griffin iTrip AUX Bluetooth and iTrip AUX AutoPilot for cars - CES 2015
- NuMount VESA adapter announced for newer iMacs
- The Interview now available on iTunes
- Video: Anti-Gravity XP-1 battery jumps your car, charges your devices
- OS X Automated Security Update
Browse and search for more articles