AppleInsider reports that Apple's investments in retail are paying off: the top five US Apple Retail Stores now contribute some 13% of all of its US stores for the current quarter.
If accurate, this leak of Apple's financials – as Apple doesn't announce its Q3 fiscal results until Wednesday this week – means the top 5 stores earned over $105 million in revenues, with all US stores doing $810 million in business.
The major stores – including SoHo and Fifth Avenue – are doing brisk trade. Fifth Avenue logged $45 million in revenues for Q3, selling five Macs every hour and an iPod every 120 seconds. The Chicago, San Francisco and LA stores are the other top performers.
It's not all roses though; AppleCare sells well, to about 57-64% of Mac buyers, depending on the store. But .Mac, ProCare and One to One aren't as big sellers. In recent years, high-margin, 'beyond the box' sales have been important contributors to Apple's bottom line.
Apple is planning on opening more stores worldwide, including Glasgow, Scotland; another Manhattan, NYC store; Melbourne, Australia; and Sydney, Australia.
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
Browse and search for more articles