AppleInsider reports that Apple's investments in retail are paying off: the top five US Apple Retail Stores now contribute some 13% of all of its US stores for the current quarter.
If accurate, this leak of Apple's financials – as Apple doesn't announce its Q3 fiscal results until Wednesday this week – means the top 5 stores earned over $105 million in revenues, with all US stores doing $810 million in business.
The major stores – including SoHo and Fifth Avenue – are doing brisk trade. Fifth Avenue logged $45 million in revenues for Q3, selling five Macs every hour and an iPod every 120 seconds. The Chicago, San Francisco and LA stores are the other top performers.
It's not all roses though; AppleCare sells well, to about 57-64% of Mac buyers, depending on the store. But .Mac, ProCare and One to One aren't as big sellers. In recent years, high-margin, 'beyond the box' sales have been important contributors to Apple's bottom line.
Apple is planning on opening more stores worldwide, including Glasgow, Scotland; another Manhattan, NYC store; Melbourne, Australia; and Sydney, Australia.
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
Browse and search for more articles