AppleInsider reports that Apple's investments in retail are paying off: the top five US Apple Retail Stores now contribute some 13% of all of its US stores for the current quarter.
If accurate, this leak of Apple's financials – as Apple doesn't announce its Q3 fiscal results until Wednesday this week – means the top 5 stores earned over $105 million in revenues, with all US stores doing $810 million in business.
The major stores – including SoHo and Fifth Avenue – are doing brisk trade. Fifth Avenue logged $45 million in revenues for Q3, selling five Macs every hour and an iPod every 120 seconds. The Chicago, San Francisco and LA stores are the other top performers.
It's not all roses though; AppleCare sells well, to about 57-64% of Mac buyers, depending on the store. But .Mac, ProCare and One to One aren't as big sellers. In recent years, high-margin, 'beyond the box' sales have been important contributors to Apple's bottom line.
Apple is planning on opening more stores worldwide, including Glasgow, Scotland; another Manhattan, NYC store; Melbourne, Australia; and Sydney, Australia.
- BassJump Subwoofer gets update for Mavericks
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
- MOGA Ace Power iOS game controller
- Sprint offers free 12 month smartphone service for students
- Find My Friends app get iOS 7 treatment
- PBS, Yahoo Screen comes to Apple TV
- Podcast: Episode 100, iPad mini, iPhone case is crappy or not? Everpix, plus more
- My iPhone Home Page AppsVideo:
- Video: Apple Leather iPhone 5/5S Case (Product RED)
- Philips announces Hue BR30 bulbs recessed lighting
- Twelve South announces BookBook Travel Journal
- Everpix shuts down
Browse and search for more articles