AppleInsider reports that MacBook retail sales were up 94% year-over-year in April, according to UBS figures. These do not include on-line sales.
Compounding the good news is Apple's overall growth of 62% in Mac units for April, compared with April 2006. In this respect, Apple's sales growth vastly outpaced the market, with PC unit growth rising only 14% over the same period, which included a 19% retail sales increase and 30% growth in laptop sales.
Overall, UBS estimate that, according to their checks, Mac unit growth will be 25% for Apple's fiscal Q3, ending June 30, 2007. Revved MacBooks should also help growth, UBS said.
Conversely, UBS states that iPod sales were down 3% for April on a year-ago basis, although iPod units sales were up 33% in April 2006, compared to 2005. However, the report notes that Apple's international iPod sales could help reach UBS's 9.6 million iPods target for the quarter.
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
- Apple Watch Guided Tours
Browse and search for more articles