AppleInsider reports that MacBook retail sales were up 94% year-over-year in April, according to UBS figures. These do not include on-line sales.
Compounding the good news is Apple's overall growth of 62% in Mac units for April, compared with April 2006. In this respect, Apple's sales growth vastly outpaced the market, with PC unit growth rising only 14% over the same period, which included a 19% retail sales increase and 30% growth in laptop sales.
Overall, UBS estimate that, according to their checks, Mac unit growth will be 25% for Apple's fiscal Q3, ending June 30, 2007. Revved MacBooks should also help growth, UBS said.
Conversely, UBS states that iPod sales were down 3% for April on a year-ago basis, although iPod units sales were up 33% in April 2006, compared to 2005. However, the report notes that Apple's international iPod sales could help reach UBS's 9.6 million iPods target for the quarter.
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
Browse and search for more articles