AppleInsider reports that MacBook retail sales were up 94% year-over-year in April, according to UBS figures. These do not include on-line sales.
Compounding the good news is Apple's overall growth of 62% in Mac units for April, compared with April 2006. In this respect, Apple's sales growth vastly outpaced the market, with PC unit growth rising only 14% over the same period, which included a 19% retail sales increase and 30% growth in laptop sales.
Overall, UBS estimate that, according to their checks, Mac unit growth will be 25% for Apple's fiscal Q3, ending June 30, 2007. Revved MacBooks should also help growth, UBS said.
Conversely, UBS states that iPod sales were down 3% for April on a year-ago basis, although iPod units sales were up 33% in April 2006, compared to 2005. However, the report notes that Apple's international iPod sales could help reach UBS's 9.6 million iPods target for the quarter.
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles