AppleInsider reports that MacBook retail sales were up 94% year-over-year in April, according to UBS figures. These do not include on-line sales.
Compounding the good news is Apple's overall growth of 62% in Mac units for April, compared with April 2006. In this respect, Apple's sales growth vastly outpaced the market, with PC unit growth rising only 14% over the same period, which included a 19% retail sales increase and 30% growth in laptop sales.
Overall, UBS estimate that, according to their checks, Mac unit growth will be 25% for Apple's fiscal Q3, ending June 30, 2007. Revved MacBooks should also help growth, UBS said.
Conversely, UBS states that iPod sales were down 3% for April on a year-ago basis, although iPod units sales were up 33% in April 2006, compared to 2005. However, the report notes that Apple's international iPod sales could help reach UBS's 9.6 million iPods target for the quarter.
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
Browse and search for more articles