CNN Money is saying that the upside for Apple this year is still great. Moreover, unlike previous calls to invest in Apple it's not the iPod that's predicted to be the only engine driving revenues and profits.
"Tiger could drive a new hardware cycle and that's pretty significant," said Shaw Wu, American Technology Research. He adds that sales of Macs, which are more profitable than iPods, still make up nearly half of Apple's total revenues.
A left [and a right]
The perspective from down here on the ground includes something Wu is missing and that's the hammer fall this pundit expects at the NAB showódual-multicore 3GHz PowerMacs featuring both HyperTransport (2.0?) and PCI-E with support for up to 32GB of RAM.
This is killer hardware. Kit to die for and it's a good bit ahead of the competition (assuming Apple ships before WWDC).
Toss in faster (across-the-board) consumer kit and we see an Apple hitting on all cylinders. Again, assuming Apple ships, we're looking at an unprecedented level of execution and, with 'doze pain and suffering at an all-time high, I believe the people will respond.
Over the left-field fence
So, is Tiger important? To be sure... But wait until you see what it runs on.
What's your take?
- Straight Talk launches iPhone 5s, 5c sans contracts
- Wired looks at Square's card reader redesign
- Twitter for iOS gets update for DM photos
- Real world use of iBeacon in Apple stores
- 1Password for Mac 4.1 bring a number of improvements
- WSJ blasts ant-trust judge and prosecutor
- BassJump Subwoofer gets update for Mavericks
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
- MOGA Ace Power iOS game controller
- Sprint offers free 12 month smartphone service for students
- Find My Friends app get iOS 7 treatment
- PBS, Yahoo Screen comes to Apple TV
Browse and search for more articles