CNN Money is saying that the upside for Apple this year is still great. Moreover, unlike previous calls to invest in Apple it's not the iPod that's predicted to be the only engine driving revenues and profits.
"Tiger could drive a new hardware cycle and that's pretty significant," said Shaw Wu, American Technology Research. He adds that sales of Macs, which are more profitable than iPods, still make up nearly half of Apple's total revenues.
A left [and a right]
The perspective from down here on the ground includes something Wu is missing and that's the hammer fall this pundit expects at the NAB showódual-multicore 3GHz PowerMacs featuring both HyperTransport (2.0?) and PCI-E with support for up to 32GB of RAM.
This is killer hardware. Kit to die for and it's a good bit ahead of the competition (assuming Apple ships before WWDC).
Toss in faster (across-the-board) consumer kit and we see an Apple hitting on all cylinders. Again, assuming Apple ships, we're looking at an unprecedented level of execution and, with 'doze pain and suffering at an all-time high, I believe the people will respond.
Over the left-field fence
So, is Tiger important? To be sure... But wait until you see what it runs on.
What's your take?
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles