CNN Money is saying that the upside for Apple this year is still great. Moreover, unlike previous calls to invest in Apple it's not the iPod that's predicted to be the only engine driving revenues and profits.
"Tiger could drive a new hardware cycle and that's pretty significant," said Shaw Wu, American Technology Research. He adds that sales of Macs, which are more profitable than iPods, still make up nearly half of Apple's total revenues.
A left [and a right]
The perspective from down here on the ground includes something Wu is missing and that's the hammer fall this pundit expects at the NAB show—dual-multicore 3GHz PowerMacs featuring both HyperTransport (2.0?) and PCI-E with support for up to 32GB of RAM.
This is killer hardware. Kit to die for and it's a good bit ahead of the competition (assuming Apple ships before WWDC).
Toss in faster (across-the-board) consumer kit and we see an Apple hitting on all cylinders. Again, assuming Apple ships, we're looking at an unprecedented level of execution and, with 'doze pain and suffering at an all-time high, I believe the people will respond.
Over the left-field fence
So, is Tiger important? To be sure... But wait until you see what it runs on.
What's your take?
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
Browse and search for more articles