CNN Money is saying that the upside for Apple this year is still great. Moreover, unlike previous calls to invest in Apple it's not the iPod that's predicted to be the only engine driving revenues and profits.
"Tiger could drive a new hardware cycle and that's pretty significant," said Shaw Wu, American Technology Research. He adds that sales of Macs, which are more profitable than iPods, still make up nearly half of Apple's total revenues.
A left [and a right]
The perspective from down here on the ground includes something Wu is missing and that's the hammer fall this pundit expects at the NAB showódual-multicore 3GHz PowerMacs featuring both HyperTransport (2.0?) and PCI-E with support for up to 32GB of RAM.
This is killer hardware. Kit to die for and it's a good bit ahead of the competition (assuming Apple ships before WWDC).
Toss in faster (across-the-board) consumer kit and we see an Apple hitting on all cylinders. Again, assuming Apple ships, we're looking at an unprecedented level of execution and, with 'doze pain and suffering at an all-time high, I believe the people will respond.
Over the left-field fence
So, is Tiger important? To be sure... But wait until you see what it runs on.
What's your take?
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Maps/Navigation
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
Browse and search for more articles