CNN Money is saying that the upside for Apple this year is still great. Moreover, unlike previous calls to invest in Apple it's not the iPod that's predicted to be the only engine driving revenues and profits.
"Tiger could drive a new hardware cycle and that's pretty significant," said Shaw Wu, American Technology Research. He adds that sales of Macs, which are more profitable than iPods, still make up nearly half of Apple's total revenues.
A left [and a right]
The perspective from down here on the ground includes something Wu is missing and that's the hammer fall this pundit expects at the NAB show—dual-multicore 3GHz PowerMacs featuring both HyperTransport (2.0?) and PCI-E with support for up to 32GB of RAM.
This is killer hardware. Kit to die for and it's a good bit ahead of the competition (assuming Apple ships before WWDC).
Toss in faster (across-the-board) consumer kit and we see an Apple hitting on all cylinders. Again, assuming Apple ships, we're looking at an unprecedented level of execution and, with 'doze pain and suffering at an all-time high, I believe the people will respond.
Over the left-field fence
So, is Tiger important? To be sure... But wait until you see what it runs on.
What's your take?
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
Browse and search for more articles