Newer Technology announced an upgrade to its Guardian MAXimus mini storage solution. The enclosure supports drives in the 2.5-inch format. The new options include 7200 RPM drives over previous 5400 RPM disks. The increased disk speeds mean greater disk performance in a high-capacity portable drive.
The MAXimus mini houses dual 2.5-inch drives that are also bus-powered. Users can pair the drives together in a RAID for either redundant storage up 2 TB. Also available are two SSD options of up to 960 GB. Being bus-powered is a pretty unique solution for road warriors who may not have a wall plug handy,
Newer Technology states the drive may be ideal for video editing. The company has certified video playback and capture performance using popular HD codecs such as HDV, DVC Pro, and ProRes 422HQ.
The drive ships with a quad interface of FireWire 800/400, USB 2.0, and eSATA. It offers up to 300 MB/sec data speeds.
Other World Computing
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
Browse and search for more articles