Agilebits 1Password to is indispensable on the desktop. The iOS version is a nice companion app, although certainly a good purchase by itself. Essentially 1Password is a password and data organization tool that secures all your various password. To access any of them, you just need one good password. This allows you to create strong and unique passwords for all your accounts without worrying about forgetting them. It's also handy for storing important data like software keys/serial numbers.
Version 4.0 is now available on iOS with a number of nice improvements. Best maybe the improved syncing system, which was awkward previously. One of the coolest features of 1Password is it can sync via Dropbox so that all your computers, and iOS devices, are constantly updated with your passwords. Version 4 now also includes iCloud support.
Overall the app looks to be completely retooled with an updated user interface. A new favorites option is available to make it easier to access frequent accounts. The biggest issue of the mobile edition remains, however, to no fault of Agilebits. On the desktop, the software links right into your web browser of choice as a plug-in. Mobile Safari offers no such extendibility, so essentially you need to switch over to 1Password's built-in browser to log into account. Still, it's a pretty handy tool.
1Password 4 is available for a limited launch price of $7.99, after which it will be $17.99. It works for both iPhone and iPads. Version 4 of the Mac version is still in the works.
- Logitech announces wired iPad keyboard
- Twitter launches two-factor authentication
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
Browse and search for more articles