Agilebits 1Password to is indispensable on the desktop. The iOS version is a nice companion app, although certainly a good purchase by itself. Essentially 1Password is a password and data organization tool that secures all your various password. To access any of them, you just need one good password. This allows you to create strong and unique passwords for all your accounts without worrying about forgetting them. It's also handy for storing important data like software keys/serial numbers.
Version 4.0 is now available on iOS with a number of nice improvements. Best maybe the improved syncing system, which was awkward previously. One of the coolest features of 1Password is it can sync via Dropbox so that all your computers, and iOS devices, are constantly updated with your passwords. Version 4 now also includes iCloud support.
Overall the app looks to be completely retooled with an updated user interface. A new favorites option is available to make it easier to access frequent accounts. The biggest issue of the mobile edition remains, however, to no fault of Agilebits. On the desktop, the software links right into your web browser of choice as a plug-in. Mobile Safari offers no such extendibility, so essentially you need to switch over to 1Password's built-in browser to log into account. Still, it's a pretty handy tool.
1Password 4 is available for a limited launch price of $7.99, after which it will be $17.99. It works for both iPhone and iPads. Version 4 of the Mac version is still in the works.
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles