mLogic ships mLink Thunderbolt PCIe expansion box
mLink has started shipping it's new PCIe expansion chassis running over Thunderbolt. The upgrade basically allows for a PCIe upgrade on any Mac, not just Mac Pros. Users can add high-end video capture, networking, or storage cards to their MacBook or iMac, for example.
The mLink is equipped with two 10 Gb/sec Thunderbolt ports and can be daisy chained for up to 6 Thunderbolt peripherals. mLink can house a single full or half-length PCIe card with special drivers that are Thunderbolt aware. The company offers a list of supported partners and users will want to ensure their specific card is supported. There are a range of storage and network devices supported.
The box supports PCIe 2.0 x16 cards with running at x4 mode.
The mLink is selling for $399.
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
- Session with Becoming Steve Jobs authors available on iTunes
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
Browse and search for more articles