mLogic ships mLink Thunderbolt PCIe expansion box
mLink has started shipping it's new PCIe expansion chassis running over Thunderbolt. The upgrade basically allows for a PCIe upgrade on any Mac, not just Mac Pros. Users can add high-end video capture, networking, or storage cards to their MacBook or iMac, for example.
The mLink is equipped with two 10 Gb/sec Thunderbolt ports and can be daisy chained for up to 6 Thunderbolt peripherals. mLink can house a single full or half-length PCIe card with special drivers that are Thunderbolt aware. The company offers a list of supported partners and users will want to ensure their specific card is supported. There are a range of storage and network devices supported.
The box supports PCIe 2.0 x16 cards with running at x4 mode.
The mLink is selling for $399.
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Fitness Features/Tracker
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Productivity Apps: OmniFocus, Trello, Evernote IFTTT
- Tattoos and Apple Watches may not mix
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Making/Receiving Phone Calls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Siri
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Maps/Navigation
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
Browse and search for more articles