mLogic ships mLink Thunderbolt PCIe expansion box
mLink has started shipping it's new PCIe expansion chassis running over Thunderbolt. The upgrade basically allows for a PCIe upgrade on any Mac, not just Mac Pros. Users can add high-end video capture, networking, or storage cards to their MacBook or iMac, for example.
The mLink is equipped with two 10 Gb/sec Thunderbolt ports and can be daisy chained for up to 6 Thunderbolt peripherals. mLink can house a single full or half-length PCIe card with special drivers that are Thunderbolt aware. The company offers a list of supported partners and users will want to ensure their specific card is supported. There are a range of storage and network devices supported.
The box supports PCIe 2.0 x16 cards with running at x4 mode.
The mLink is selling for $399.
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
Browse and search for more articles