Over a Fortune they rehash latest financial analysis's predictions on Apple's portable tablet computer.
Citing an analysts from Oppenheimer, Fortune's Apple 2.0 blog gives up some fresh meat regarding Apple's rumors tablet device. The Oppenheimer analyst is predicting we'll see a product launch in March or April. This comes from industry sources who claim to be gearing up to build 1 million tablets per month.
Other tidbits again put the screen size at 10.1-inches using LCD, not the more expensive and somewhat limiting OLED. Also as rumored Apple is working with some book publishers. The rumored proposed deal is a 70/30 (them/Apple) split similar to other iTunes Store content. This gives Apple an advantage over Amazon, which currently wants 50/50. Apple is also said to not be asking for exclusivity of titles.
The analyst is pegging the MSRP at $1000, and is seeing 1 million 1.5 million units per quarter. Amazon doesn't release sales figures, but it's estimated that it has sold somewhere between 2 million and 5 million Kindles so far in 2009. The Kindle starts out at $259.
Apple tablet set for spring launch?
- Speed tests on MacBook Pro SSD speeds
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 Released
- Apple TV set reported abandoned
- MacBook Pro gains Force Touch, iMac 5K gets new pricing
- Video: How to sign/encrypt email using OS X Mail and a secure certificate authority CA
- LifeProof ships water-proof battery backup case
- Apple Watch lacks anti-theft security
- iGrill thermometer comes to the Apple Watch
- Apple Pay chipping away at Walmart backed CurrentC
- Safari on the Apple Watch
- Vulnerability found with MacKeeper
- Mac App Store sales
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Fitness Features/Tracker
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Productivity Apps: OmniFocus, Trello, Evernote IFTTT
- Tattoos and Apple Watches may not mix
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Making/Receiving Phone Calls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Siri
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Maps/Navigation
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
Browse and search for more articles