Over a Fortune they rehash latest financial analysis's predictions on Apple's portable tablet computer.
Citing an analysts from Oppenheimer, Fortune's Apple 2.0 blog gives up some fresh meat regarding Apple's rumors tablet device. The Oppenheimer analyst is predicting we'll see a product launch in March or April. This comes from industry sources who claim to be gearing up to build 1 million tablets per month.
Other tidbits again put the screen size at 10.1-inches using LCD, not the more expensive and somewhat limiting OLED. Also as rumored Apple is working with some book publishers. The rumored proposed deal is a 70/30 (them/Apple) split similar to other iTunes Store content. This gives Apple an advantage over Amazon, which currently wants 50/50. Apple is also said to not be asking for exclusivity of titles.
The analyst is pegging the MSRP at $1000, and is seeing 1 million 1.5 million units per quarter. Amazon doesn't release sales figures, but it's estimated that it has sold somewhere between 2 million and 5 million Kindles so far in 2009. The Kindle starts out at $259.
Apple tablet set for spring launch?
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles