Over a Fortune they rehash latest financial analysis's predictions on Apple's portable tablet computer.
Citing an analysts from Oppenheimer, Fortune's Apple 2.0 blog gives up some fresh meat regarding Apple's rumors tablet device. The Oppenheimer analyst is predicting we'll see a product launch in March or April. This comes from industry sources who claim to be gearing up to build 1 million tablets per month.
Other tidbits again put the screen size at 10.1-inches using LCD, not the more expensive and somewhat limiting OLED. Also as rumored Apple is working with some book publishers. The rumored proposed deal is a 70/30 (them/Apple) split similar to other iTunes Store content. This gives Apple an advantage over Amazon, which currently wants 50/50. Apple is also said to not be asking for exclusivity of titles.
The analyst is pegging the MSRP at $1000, and is seeing 1 million 1.5 million units per quarter. Amazon doesn't release sales figures, but it's estimated that it has sold somewhere between 2 million and 5 million Kindles so far in 2009. The Kindle starts out at $259.
Apple tablet set for spring launch?
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
Browse and search for more articles