Over a Fortune they rehash latest financial analysis's predictions on Apple's portable tablet computer.
Citing an analysts from Oppenheimer, Fortune's Apple 2.0 blog gives up some fresh meat regarding Apple's rumors tablet device. The Oppenheimer analyst is predicting we'll see a product launch in March or April. This comes from industry sources who claim to be gearing up to build 1 million tablets per month.
Other tidbits again put the screen size at 10.1-inches using LCD, not the more expensive and somewhat limiting OLED. Also as rumored Apple is working with some book publishers. The rumored proposed deal is a 70/30 (them/Apple) split similar to other iTunes Store content. This gives Apple an advantage over Amazon, which currently wants 50/50. Apple is also said to not be asking for exclusivity of titles.
The analyst is pegging the MSRP at $1000, and is seeing 1 million 1.5 million units per quarter. Amazon doesn't release sales figures, but it's estimated that it has sold somewhere between 2 million and 5 million Kindles so far in 2009. The Kindle starts out at $259.
Apple tablet set for spring launch?
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles