The Wall Street Journal reports Apple to attend January electronics bonanza
When Apple pulled out of Macworld Expo for 2010, Apple told IDG World Expos: it's not you, it's me. Weeks before the January 2009 opened, Apple issued a statement saying '09 was its last year. The company claimed it has been pulling out of trade shows, following NAB, MW New York, MW Tokyo, and Apple Expo in Paris. Apple said its investments were best spent developing its presence on the Web and shopping for to attract customers and future customers. Still, many wondered if Apple might move over to the Consumer Electronics show in swinging Vegas, which typically overlaps Macworld SF.
Anyway, all that narrative aside, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple will indeed be attending next year's show. Furthermore, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been invited as a keynote, although, he reportedly has not RSVP'd.
This will no doubt further fuel rumor of a new product launch of the gizmo variety.
CES 2010 is set for January 7-10.
Will Apple CEO Headline CES ‘10?
Update: Now Engadget reports from the same event Apple may not be attending.
- Logitech announces wired iPad keyboard
- Twitter launches two-factor authentication
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
Browse and search for more articles