The Wall Street Journal reports Apple to attend January electronics bonanza
When Apple pulled out of Macworld Expo for 2010, Apple told IDG World Expos: it's not you, it's me. Weeks before the January 2009 opened, Apple issued a statement saying '09 was its last year. The company claimed it has been pulling out of trade shows, following NAB, MW New York, MW Tokyo, and Apple Expo in Paris. Apple said its investments were best spent developing its presence on the Web and shopping for to attract customers and future customers. Still, many wondered if Apple might move over to the Consumer Electronics show in swinging Vegas, which typically overlaps Macworld SF.
Anyway, all that narrative aside, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple will indeed be attending next year's show. Furthermore, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been invited as a keynote, although, he reportedly has not RSVP'd.
This will no doubt further fuel rumor of a new product launch of the gizmo variety.
CES 2010 is set for January 7-10.
Will Apple CEO Headline CES ‘10?
Update: Now Engadget reports from the same event Apple may not be attending.
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles