The Wall Street Journal reports Apple to attend January electronics bonanza
When Apple pulled out of Macworld Expo for 2010, Apple told IDG World Expos: it's not you, it's me. Weeks before the January 2009 opened, Apple issued a statement saying '09 was its last year. The company claimed it has been pulling out of trade shows, following NAB, MW New York, MW Tokyo, and Apple Expo in Paris. Apple said its investments were best spent developing its presence on the Web and shopping for to attract customers and future customers. Still, many wondered if Apple might move over to the Consumer Electronics show in swinging Vegas, which typically overlaps Macworld SF.
Anyway, all that narrative aside, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple will indeed be attending next year's show. Furthermore, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been invited as a keynote, although, he reportedly has not RSVP'd.
This will no doubt further fuel rumor of a new product launch of the gizmo variety.
CES 2010 is set for January 7-10.
Will Apple CEO Headline CES ‘10?
Update: Now Engadget reports from the same event Apple may not be attending.
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
Browse and search for more articles