The Wall Street Journal reports Apple to attend January electronics bonanza
When Apple pulled out of Macworld Expo for 2010, Apple told IDG World Expos: it's not you, it's me. Weeks before the January 2009 opened, Apple issued a statement saying '09 was its last year. The company claimed it has been pulling out of trade shows, following NAB, MW New York, MW Tokyo, and Apple Expo in Paris. Apple said its investments were best spent developing its presence on the Web and shopping for to attract customers and future customers. Still, many wondered if Apple might move over to the Consumer Electronics show in swinging Vegas, which typically overlaps Macworld SF.
Anyway, all that narrative aside, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple will indeed be attending next year's show. Furthermore, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been invited as a keynote, although, he reportedly has not RSVP'd.
This will no doubt further fuel rumor of a new product launch of the gizmo variety.
CES 2010 is set for January 7-10.
Will Apple CEO Headline CES ‘10?
Update: Now Engadget reports from the same event Apple may not be attending.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles