The Wall Street Journal reports Apple to attend January electronics bonanza
When Apple pulled out of Macworld Expo for 2010, Apple told IDG World Expos: it's not you, it's me. Weeks before the January 2009 opened, Apple issued a statement saying '09 was its last year. The company claimed it has been pulling out of trade shows, following NAB, MW New York, MW Tokyo, and Apple Expo in Paris. Apple said its investments were best spent developing its presence on the Web and shopping for to attract customers and future customers. Still, many wondered if Apple might move over to the Consumer Electronics show in swinging Vegas, which typically overlaps Macworld SF.
Anyway, all that narrative aside, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple will indeed be attending next year's show. Furthermore, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been invited as a keynote, although, he reportedly has not RSVP'd.
This will no doubt further fuel rumor of a new product launch of the gizmo variety.
CES 2010 is set for January 7-10.
Will Apple CEO Headline CES ‘10?
Update: Now Engadget reports from the same event Apple may not be attending.
- Walmart to launch iPhone 5s, 5c Christmas sales
- Apple TV adds additional content from ABC, others
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas launches for iOS
- Angry Birds Go launches
- Straight Talk launches iPhone 5s, 5c sans contracts
- Wired looks at Square's card reader redesign
- Twitter for iOS gets update for DM photos
- Real world use of iBeacon in Apple stores
- 1Password for Mac 4.1 bring a number of improvements
- WSJ blasts ant-trust judge and prosecutor
- BassJump Subwoofer gets update for Mavericks
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
Browse and search for more articles