AT&T is now advising customers that if they place their phone after Friday 6/12, they will not get it on the 19th. Instead, they can expect to receive their iPhone 7-14 days after the order is placed, and orders will be shipped first-come, first-serviced.
On AT&T's Website, shoppers ordering an iPhone 3G S of any kind get the following prompt:
"Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will ship 7 to 14 days after your order is placed. Orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.
"The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes."
The Boy Genius Report has an email screen shot of what seems to be verbiage sent to stores. It states AT&T store orders should also expect the same shipping time table.
All systems still seem go on Apple's online store. Apple's online store is still promising delivery on 6/19.
AT&T's in-store pre-order offered the most flexible way to get a new iPhone on Friday. You could get a jump on other iPhone customers by lining up at 7 AM, presumably getting in and out before anyone else have an opportunity to buy. Or just walk in when convenient for you, thus no waiting around for FedEx or camping out. Perhaps many took advantage, or perhaps AT&T had limited inventory for direct fulfillment. For what it's worth, on Monday we heard a store manager relay that AT&T anticipated enough inventory to fill pre-orders made through last Wednesday.
Didn’t pre-order an iPhone 3G S? You might have to wait about two weeks
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles