AT&T is now advising customers that if they place their phone after Friday 6/12, they will not get it on the 19th. Instead, they can expect to receive their iPhone 7-14 days after the order is placed, and orders will be shipped first-come, first-serviced.
On AT&T's Website, shoppers ordering an iPhone 3G S of any kind get the following prompt:
"Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will ship 7 to 14 days after your order is placed. Orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.
"The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes."
The Boy Genius Report has an email screen shot of what seems to be verbiage sent to stores. It states AT&T store orders should also expect the same shipping time table.
All systems still seem go on Apple's online store. Apple's online store is still promising delivery on 6/19.
AT&T's in-store pre-order offered the most flexible way to get a new iPhone on Friday. You could get a jump on other iPhone customers by lining up at 7 AM, presumably getting in and out before anyone else have an opportunity to buy. Or just walk in when convenient for you, thus no waiting around for FedEx or camping out. Perhaps many took advantage, or perhaps AT&T had limited inventory for direct fulfillment. For what it's worth, on Monday we heard a store manager relay that AT&T anticipated enough inventory to fill pre-orders made through last Wednesday.
Didnít pre-order an iPhone 3G S? You might have to wait about two weeks
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
Browse and search for more articles