AT&T is now advising customers that if they place their phone after Friday 6/12, they will not get it on the 19th. Instead, they can expect to receive their iPhone 7-14 days after the order is placed, and orders will be shipped first-come, first-serviced.
On AT&T's Website, shoppers ordering an iPhone 3G S of any kind get the following prompt:
"Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will ship 7 to 14 days after your order is placed. Orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.
"The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes."
The Boy Genius Report has an email screen shot of what seems to be verbiage sent to stores. It states AT&T store orders should also expect the same shipping time table.
All systems still seem go on Apple's online store. Apple's online store is still promising delivery on 6/19.
AT&T's in-store pre-order offered the most flexible way to get a new iPhone on Friday. You could get a jump on other iPhone customers by lining up at 7 AM, presumably getting in and out before anyone else have an opportunity to buy. Or just walk in when convenient for you, thus no waiting around for FedEx or camping out. Perhaps many took advantage, or perhaps AT&T had limited inventory for direct fulfillment. For what it's worth, on Monday we heard a store manager relay that AT&T anticipated enough inventory to fill pre-orders made through last Wednesday.
Didnít pre-order an iPhone 3G S? You might have to wait about two weeks
- 1Password gets update on Mac, iOS
- Cringely on IBM's massive restructuring
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
- Griffin Reversible USB cable in iPhone colors - CES 2015
- Griffin iTrip AUX Bluetooth and iTrip AUX AutoPilot for cars - CES 2015
- NuMount VESA adapter announced for newer iMacs
- The Interview now available on iTunes
- Video: Anti-Gravity XP-1 battery jumps your car, charges your devices
Browse and search for more articles