AT&T is now advising customers that if they place their phone after Friday 6/12, they will not get it on the 19th. Instead, they can expect to receive their iPhone 7-14 days after the order is placed, and orders will be shipped first-come, first-serviced.
On AT&T's Website, shoppers ordering an iPhone 3G S of any kind get the following prompt:
"Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will ship 7 to 14 days after your order is placed. Orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.
"The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes."
The Boy Genius Report has an email screen shot of what seems to be verbiage sent to stores. It states AT&T store orders should also expect the same shipping time table.
All systems still seem go on Apple's online store. Apple's online store is still promising delivery on 6/19.
AT&T's in-store pre-order offered the most flexible way to get a new iPhone on Friday. You could get a jump on other iPhone customers by lining up at 7 AM, presumably getting in and out before anyone else have an opportunity to buy. Or just walk in when convenient for you, thus no waiting around for FedEx or camping out. Perhaps many took advantage, or perhaps AT&T had limited inventory for direct fulfillment. For what it's worth, on Monday we heard a store manager relay that AT&T anticipated enough inventory to fill pre-orders made through last Wednesday.
Didnít pre-order an iPhone 3G S? You might have to wait about two weeks
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles