Tuesday Sprint and Palm finally make official the release of the Pre smartphone
The Palm Pre will sell for $199.99 with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail in rebate. The launch date will be Saturday June 6th, and customers can get the Pre in the U.S. only at Sprint stores, Best Buy, Radio Shack, select Walmart stores, and online.
The phone will also require an Everything Data or Business essentials w/ Messaging and Data Plan. An Everything Data plan includes 450 minutes and unlimited data for $69.99, similar to the current AT&T iPhone plan, except includes unlimited texting. Unlimited texting costs another $20 from AT&T.
Notes of interest here would first be the date. The release is the weekend before Apple's WWDC, which is the soonest we would expect to see a new iPhone from Apple. By releasing before the new iPhone, the Pre will undoubtedly pick up ample coverage in comparisons. The second item that jumps out is the rebate. The current iPhone retails for $199 for the same 8GB storage, while the Pre is $299.99 out the door (before tax).
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles