The Old Georgetown Board has rejected Apple’s latest plans for its new retail store, the Washington Post reports Friday. This makes the fourth time the architectural review process has rejected Apple’s plans for a new store along its Wisconsin Avenue.
Apple purchased a building along the row of retail stores in 2007 for $13 million. Apple plans to demolish the 24-year-old building and replace it with a full blown Apple store. While the building Apple purchased is relatively new, nearby buildings are over 100 years old.
At issue is Apple’s store front, where the company wishes to make a 35-foot wide glass wall with a door. The review board wishes Apple to remain consistent with other buildings and use module bay windows rather than single large glass design. The review board contests that Apple has not addressed this issue in its revisions, hence the most recent denial.
Apple reportedly remains committed to the project, even as it nears two years in development. Local leaders are showing some anxiety about the project on economic and status concerns.
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
Browse and search for more articles