The Old Georgetown Board has rejected Apple’s latest plans for its new retail store, the Washington Post reports Friday. This makes the fourth time the architectural review process has rejected Apple’s plans for a new store along its Wisconsin Avenue.
Apple purchased a building along the row of retail stores in 2007 for $13 million. Apple plans to demolish the 24-year-old building and replace it with a full blown Apple store. While the building Apple purchased is relatively new, nearby buildings are over 100 years old.
At issue is Apple’s store front, where the company wishes to make a 35-foot wide glass wall with a door. The review board wishes Apple to remain consistent with other buildings and use module bay windows rather than single large glass design. The review board contests that Apple has not addressed this issue in its revisions, hence the most recent denial.
Apple reportedly remains committed to the project, even as it nears two years in development. Local leaders are showing some anxiety about the project on economic and status concerns.
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
Browse and search for more articles