The Old Georgetown Board has rejected Apple’s latest plans for its new retail store, the Washington Post reports Friday. This makes the fourth time the architectural review process has rejected Apple’s plans for a new store along its Wisconsin Avenue.
Apple purchased a building along the row of retail stores in 2007 for $13 million. Apple plans to demolish the 24-year-old building and replace it with a full blown Apple store. While the building Apple purchased is relatively new, nearby buildings are over 100 years old.
At issue is Apple’s store front, where the company wishes to make a 35-foot wide glass wall with a door. The review board wishes Apple to remain consistent with other buildings and use module bay windows rather than single large glass design. The review board contests that Apple has not addressed this issue in its revisions, hence the most recent denial.
Apple reportedly remains committed to the project, even as it nears two years in development. Local leaders are showing some anxiety about the project on economic and status concerns.
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles