The Old Georgetown Board has rejected Apple’s latest plans for its new retail store, the Washington Post reports Friday. This makes the fourth time the architectural review process has rejected Apple’s plans for a new store along its Wisconsin Avenue.
Apple purchased a building along the row of retail stores in 2007 for $13 million. Apple plans to demolish the 24-year-old building and replace it with a full blown Apple store. While the building Apple purchased is relatively new, nearby buildings are over 100 years old.
At issue is Apple’s store front, where the company wishes to make a 35-foot wide glass wall with a door. The review board wishes Apple to remain consistent with other buildings and use module bay windows rather than single large glass design. The review board contests that Apple has not addressed this issue in its revisions, hence the most recent denial.
Apple reportedly remains committed to the project, even as it nears two years in development. Local leaders are showing some anxiety about the project on economic and status concerns.
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
- Apple Watch Guided Tours
Browse and search for more articles