June 25th 2014
By Mike Flaminio
Reorder your Favorites list with a simple touch and hold
• Set up Dropbox on your computer using your camera
• Dropbox now remembers recent locations when importing files
• Accessibility improvements
• Support for additional languages: Danish, Dutch, Swedish, and Thai
• Lots of bug fixes and usability improvements
The new setup feature is neat, but not what I was expecting. Basically if you have Dropbox on your smart device, you can go to the app and click to Link a Computer. Then you go to a Dropbox connect webpage on the desktop and show the Dropbox-like QR code to the app. It automatically logs you into the website and begins downloading the desktop client. That's really slick.
The thing is though, I wish it worked the other way around. Putting in passwords for me is a pain on iOS. It would be cool if I could log into the Dropbox site, or just use the desktop client, and then pass my credentials to the iOS app using the same QR code idea. Maybe in the future. Anyway, this is pretty nifty, in addition to some other features.