October 10th 2011
By Mike Flaminio
Facebook launched version 4.0 of its iOS app. With the update, the app now offers dual iPhone and native iPad support. Long-awaited, rumored often delayed, a native app has been something many iPad have wanted.
- Focus on what matters: With less on the screen, it's easier to zoom in on your friends' photos, updates and stories.
- Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to get from one screen to another and back again in no time.
- Never lose your place: Use simplified navigation to send a message, see your notifications or browse your bookmarks without switching screens.
- Play games on the go: Play your favorite Facebook games wherever you are, and on a bigger screen.
- Tap to send messages: A simple dropdown menu makes it easy to scan and send messages without visiting your inbox.
Beyond iPad support, version 4.0 also has some other goodies.
- Games & Apps: Play games and access your favorite apps on the go
- Navigation: Send a message or see your notifications from any screen, and swipe to browse Facebook without losing your place in News Feed
- Bookmarks: Your groups, pages and apps are all in your left-hand menu, and the ones you use most are right on top
- Search: Search for anything on Facebook--people, apps, pages and more--without having to click around or switch views
- Security: We've added a few updates to make the app more secure