The lads—probably some of them anyway—who brought us Google Earth have put their heads together, created and released the Google Earth Plugin, which brings the magic and majesty of the web giant's interactive planet to your browser, assuming you're running either Safari 3.1+ and Firefox 3.x.
Here's some spin
Check out the Google Earth API demo video posted on Google subsidiary YouTube after the break:
For those of you who already have webpages with integrated Google Maps, you'll want to pop over to the Google Maps API page.
Also, if you're an iPhone or iPod touch owner and you're also a Google Earth, you really should Google Earth for iPhone, which aside from its obvious utility can be used to impress friends and grade school age children for a solid five minutes or so.
Choose from over 4.5 Million songs!
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles