The soap opera that is Apple vs PsyStarhas has taken a few turns—see 'Your honor the defendants are idiots'—since the mothership filed suit against the clone maker back in mid-July. Yet, the case is moving in a decidedly new direction that may see the combatants settle out of court.
MacObserver reports that both parties have agreed to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), though it isn't known which side initiated the move or whether the judge "suggested" this alternative to litigation.
"ADR is a private process whereby both parties can meet and work out a resolution in lieu of going to trial," said an attorney familiar with the case. "Exactly why this has happened is not known at this point."
Perhaps the timing of this latest twist is important. That is, that an ADR is being sought came to light after Apple filed a motion asking the court to dismiss with prejudice PsyStar's counter suit.
So, is PsyStar begging for mercy or has the judge told the claimants to stop behaving like children?
What's your take?
- Speed tests on MacBook Pro SSD speeds
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 Released
- Apple TV set reported abandoned
- MacBook Pro gains Force Touch, iMac 5K gets new pricing
- Video: How to sign/encrypt email using OS X Mail and a secure certificate authority CA
- LifeProof ships water-proof battery backup case
- Apple Watch lacks anti-theft security
- iGrill thermometer comes to the Apple Watch
- Apple Pay chipping away at Walmart backed CurrentC
- Safari on the Apple Watch
- Vulnerability found with MacKeeper
- Mac App Store sales
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Fitness Features/Tracker
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Productivity Apps: OmniFocus, Trello, Evernote IFTTT
- Tattoos and Apple Watches may not mix
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Making/Receiving Phone Calls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Siri
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Maps/Navigation
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
Browse and search for more articles