The soap opera that is Apple vs PsyStarhas has taken a few turns—see 'Your honor the defendants are idiots'—since the mothership filed suit against the clone maker back in mid-July. Yet, the case is moving in a decidedly new direction that may see the combatants settle out of court.
MacObserver reports that both parties have agreed to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), though it isn't known which side initiated the move or whether the judge "suggested" this alternative to litigation.
"ADR is a private process whereby both parties can meet and work out a resolution in lieu of going to trial," said an attorney familiar with the case. "Exactly why this has happened is not known at this point."
Perhaps the timing of this latest twist is important. That is, that an ADR is being sought came to light after Apple filed a motion asking the court to dismiss with prejudice PsyStar's counter suit.
So, is PsyStar begging for mercy or has the judge told the claimants to stop behaving like children?
What's your take?
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
Browse and search for more articles