The soap opera that is Apple vs PsyStarhas has taken a few turns—see 'Your honor the defendants are idiots'—since the mothership filed suit against the clone maker back in mid-July. Yet, the case is moving in a decidedly new direction that may see the combatants settle out of court.
MacObserver reports that both parties have agreed to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), though it isn't known which side initiated the move or whether the judge "suggested" this alternative to litigation.
"ADR is a private process whereby both parties can meet and work out a resolution in lieu of going to trial," said an attorney familiar with the case. "Exactly why this has happened is not known at this point."
Perhaps the timing of this latest twist is important. That is, that an ADR is being sought came to light after Apple filed a motion asking the court to dismiss with prejudice PsyStar's counter suit.
So, is PsyStar begging for mercy or has the judge told the claimants to stop behaving like children?
What's your take?
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
Browse and search for more articles