The soap opera that is Apple vs PsyStarhas has taken a few turns—see 'Your honor the defendants are idiots'—since the mothership filed suit against the clone maker back in mid-July. Yet, the case is moving in a decidedly new direction that may see the combatants settle out of court.
MacObserver reports that both parties have agreed to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), though it isn't known which side initiated the move or whether the judge "suggested" this alternative to litigation.
"ADR is a private process whereby both parties can meet and work out a resolution in lieu of going to trial," said an attorney familiar with the case. "Exactly why this has happened is not known at this point."
Perhaps the timing of this latest twist is important. That is, that an ADR is being sought came to light after Apple filed a motion asking the court to dismiss with prejudice PsyStar's counter suit.
So, is PsyStar begging for mercy or has the judge told the claimants to stop behaving like children?
What's your take?
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
- Apple Watch Guided Tours
Browse and search for more articles