The soap opera that is Apple vs PsyStarhas has taken a few turns—see 'Your honor the defendants are idiots'—since the mothership filed suit against the clone maker back in mid-July. Yet, the case is moving in a decidedly new direction that may see the combatants settle out of court.
MacObserver reports that both parties have agreed to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), though it isn't known which side initiated the move or whether the judge "suggested" this alternative to litigation.
"ADR is a private process whereby both parties can meet and work out a resolution in lieu of going to trial," said an attorney familiar with the case. "Exactly why this has happened is not known at this point."
Perhaps the timing of this latest twist is important. That is, that an ADR is being sought came to light after Apple filed a motion asking the court to dismiss with prejudice PsyStar's counter suit.
So, is PsyStar begging for mercy or has the judge told the claimants to stop behaving like children?
What's your take?
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
Browse and search for more articles