iPhone Dev Team has released the PwnageTool 2.0, which brings jailbreaking and non-App Store third-party application support to firmware 2.0-equipped iPhone / touch handhelds. Although first-gen iPhones can also be unlocked, the iPhone 3G cannot be unlocked or used with BootNeuter, which gives you control of the S-Gold bootloader and baseband.
There are several mirrors from which to download, however, the group's own "poor wounded server" was down as of this writing—the price of success I suspect.
With any early release, discretion is often the better part of valor, though the lads have on the whole performed well in the past.
Editor's note: I would love to see statistics on where Pwnage tool is downloaded and used. It would make for interesting reading...
What's your take?
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
Browse and search for more articles