iPhone Dev Team has released the PwnageTool 2.0, which brings jailbreaking and non-App Store third-party application support to firmware 2.0-equipped iPhone / touch handhelds. Although first-gen iPhones can also be unlocked, the iPhone 3G cannot be unlocked or used with BootNeuter, which gives you control of the S-Gold bootloader and baseband.
There are several mirrors from which to download, however, the group's own "poor wounded server" was down as of this writing—the price of success I suspect.
With any early release, discretion is often the better part of valor, though the lads have on the whole performed well in the past.
Editor's note: I would love to see statistics on where Pwnage tool is downloaded and used. It would make for interesting reading...
What's your take?
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles