iPhone Dev Team has released the PwnageTool 2.0, which brings jailbreaking and non-App Store third-party application support to firmware 2.0-equipped iPhone / touch handhelds. Although first-gen iPhones can also be unlocked, the iPhone 3G cannot be unlocked or used with BootNeuter, which gives you control of the S-Gold bootloader and baseband.
There are several mirrors from which to download, however, the group's own "poor wounded server" was down as of this writing—the price of success I suspect.
With any early release, discretion is often the better part of valor, though the lads have on the whole performed well in the past.
Editor's note: I would love to see statistics on where Pwnage tool is downloaded and used. It would make for interesting reading...
What's your take?
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles