Fortune reports on the "iPhone Five," sustainable agriculture activists that are members of a publicity-seeking green group, TheWhoFarm. Their mission is to persuade the 44th President of the US—whoever that turns out to be—to transform the White House’s 17-acre lawn into an organic farm.
“We’re here to restore the edible landscape,” says Daniel Bowman Simon, 28, the group’s organizer and spokesperson. “We want to bring seeds of change back to the White House.”
A laudable goal, assuming it doesn't involve depopulating the planet or counter-evolutionary claptrap (like veganism), and to help make their point the iPhone Five want to set a new Guinness Record for the “longest time waiting in line to buy something.”
Surely, some hapless Russian who waited to buy toilet during the Soviet era owns the record and just as surely TheWhoFarm doesn't really expect the President to convert the Rose Garden into an organic patch full of lentils and leafy greens.
[u] Engadget has posted a video with interviews of people online at the NYC Fifth Avenue store, ground zero for the 3G iPhone which launches next Friday. [u]
It's ostensibly a good cause and the iPhone Five appear to be just nutty enough to make it entertaining. But, now that the ice has been broken, look for the real nutters and their causes to show up.
Knowing Apple, they've got a handle on the circus. Then again, we are talking about New York City where it's often difficult to tell the difference between the crazies and the media...
What's your take?
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
Browse and search for more articles