Fortune reports on the "iPhone Five," sustainable agriculture activists that are members of a publicity-seeking green group, TheWhoFarm. Their mission is to persuade the 44th President of the US—whoever that turns out to be—to transform the White House’s 17-acre lawn into an organic farm.
“We’re here to restore the edible landscape,” says Daniel Bowman Simon, 28, the group’s organizer and spokesperson. “We want to bring seeds of change back to the White House.”
A laudable goal, assuming it doesn't involve depopulating the planet or counter-evolutionary claptrap (like veganism), and to help make their point the iPhone Five want to set a new Guinness Record for the “longest time waiting in line to buy something.”
Surely, some hapless Russian who waited to buy toilet during the Soviet era owns the record and just as surely TheWhoFarm doesn't really expect the President to convert the Rose Garden into an organic patch full of lentils and leafy greens.
[u] Engadget has posted a video with interviews of people online at the NYC Fifth Avenue store, ground zero for the 3G iPhone which launches next Friday. [u]
It's ostensibly a good cause and the iPhone Five appear to be just nutty enough to make it entertaining. But, now that the ice has been broken, look for the real nutters and their causes to show up.
Knowing Apple, they've got a handle on the circus. Then again, we are talking about New York City where it's often difficult to tell the difference between the crazies and the media...
What's your take?
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
Browse and search for more articles