Beatnik Pad has announced the release of a G4-optimized build of Firefox 3. When first announced only optimized builds for Intel and G5 processors were available.
The G4 build is now available! I only did a very fast cursory test to make sure this build launched and loaded a few pages (including Google Spreadsheets) and everything seems to be working fine. As usual, caveat, er, user.
Get your copy of Minefield (Firefox) 3.0 for G4 here (12.5MB).
And, yes, of course, if you're a G5 or Intel-based Mac owner, you can get an optimized build your machine(s), too—G5 here and Intel here.
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles