Beatnik Pad has announced the release of a G4-optimized build of Firefox 3. When first announced only optimized builds for Intel and G5 processors were available.
The G4 build is now available! I only did a very fast cursory test to make sure this build launched and loaded a few pages (including Google Spreadsheets) and everything seems to be working fine. As usual, caveat, er, user.
Get your copy of Minefield (Firefox) 3.0 for G4 here (12.5MB).
And, yes, of course, if you're a G5 or Intel-based Mac owner, you can get an optimized build your machine(s), too—G5 here and Intel here.
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
Browse and search for more articles