Continuing the long-term trend of a rising share of online traffic, users of the Mac accounted for 7.94% in June of those measured, according to Net Applications data. That's a rise of almost a half of a percent from 7.48% in May.
With the iPhone's share added, which was flat on last month (0.16%), users of the fairer platform accounted for 8.1% of online traffic. Of course, Windows users take the lion's share with 90.89% of web traffic.
Though still paltry, Linux' share was 0.8% which, if memory serves, and is up markedly (nearly a third) in recent months.
In terms of browsers, Firefox has yet to crack 20%, a milestone IGM expected to fall before the end of last month. Users of the world's No 2 browser accounted for 19.03% in June.
Safari's share also grew, rising to 6.31% last month from 6.25% in June. This indicates that Firefox' hold on the faithful remains stable at roughly one-in-four.
The browser Top five looks like this:
01 Internet Explorer—73.01% (73.75%)
02 Firefox—19.03 (18.41)
03 Safari—6.31 (6.25)
04 Opera—0.73 (0.71)
05 Netscape—0.67 (0.62)
Oddly, Netscape's share actually rose slightly last month. AOL stopped development of the one-time dominant browser.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles