Continuing the long-term trend of a rising share of online traffic, users of the Mac accounted for 7.94% in June of those measured, according to Net Applications data. That's a rise of almost a half of a percent from 7.48% in May.
With the iPhone's share added, which was flat on last month (0.16%), users of the fairer platform accounted for 8.1% of online traffic. Of course, Windows users take the lion's share with 90.89% of web traffic.
Though still paltry, Linux' share was 0.8% which, if memory serves, and is up markedly (nearly a third) in recent months.
In terms of browsers, Firefox has yet to crack 20%, a milestone IGM expected to fall before the end of last month. Users of the world's No 2 browser accounted for 19.03% in June.
Safari's share also grew, rising to 6.31% last month from 6.25% in June. This indicates that Firefox' hold on the faithful remains stable at roughly one-in-four.
The browser Top five looks like this:
01 Internet Explorer—73.01% (73.75%)
02 Firefox—19.03 (18.41)
03 Safari—6.31 (6.25)
04 Opera—0.73 (0.71)
05 Netscape—0.67 (0.62)
Oddly, Netscape's share actually rose slightly last month. AOL stopped development of the one-time dominant browser.
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
Browse and search for more articles