Continuing the long-term trend of a rising share of online traffic, users of the Mac accounted for 7.94% in June of those measured, according to Net Applications data. That's a rise of almost a half of a percent from 7.48% in May.
With the iPhone's share added, which was flat on last month (0.16%), users of the fairer platform accounted for 8.1% of online traffic. Of course, Windows users take the lion's share with 90.89% of web traffic.
Though still paltry, Linux' share was 0.8% which, if memory serves, and is up markedly (nearly a third) in recent months.
In terms of browsers, Firefox has yet to crack 20%, a milestone IGM expected to fall before the end of last month. Users of the world's No 2 browser accounted for 19.03% in June.
Safari's share also grew, rising to 6.31% last month from 6.25% in June. This indicates that Firefox' hold on the faithful remains stable at roughly one-in-four.
The browser Top five looks like this:
01 Internet Explorer—73.01% (73.75%)
02 Firefox—19.03 (18.41)
03 Safari—6.31 (6.25)
04 Opera—0.73 (0.71)
05 Netscape—0.67 (0.62)
Oddly, Netscape's share actually rose slightly last month. AOL stopped development of the one-time dominant browser.
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles