Continuing the long-term trend of a rising share of online traffic, users of the Mac accounted for 7.94% in June of those measured, according to Net Applications data. That's a rise of almost a half of a percent from 7.48% in May.
With the iPhone's share added, which was flat on last month (0.16%), users of the fairer platform accounted for 8.1% of online traffic. Of course, Windows users take the lion's share with 90.89% of web traffic.
Though still paltry, Linux' share was 0.8% which, if memory serves, and is up markedly (nearly a third) in recent months.
In terms of browsers, Firefox has yet to crack 20%, a milestone IGM expected to fall before the end of last month. Users of the world's No 2 browser accounted for 19.03% in June.
Safari's share also grew, rising to 6.31% last month from 6.25% in June. This indicates that Firefox' hold on the faithful remains stable at roughly one-in-four.
The browser Top five looks like this:
01 Internet Explorer—73.01% (73.75%)
02 Firefox—19.03 (18.41)
03 Safari—6.31 (6.25)
04 Opera—0.73 (0.71)
05 Netscape—0.67 (0.62)
Oddly, Netscape's share actually rose slightly last month. AOL stopped development of the one-time dominant browser.
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
Browse and search for more articles