Continuing the long-term trend of a rising share of online traffic, users of the Mac accounted for 7.94% in June of those measured, according to Net Applications data. That's a rise of almost a half of a percent from 7.48% in May.
With the iPhone's share added, which was flat on last month (0.16%), users of the fairer platform accounted for 8.1% of online traffic. Of course, Windows users take the lion's share with 90.89% of web traffic.
Though still paltry, Linux' share was 0.8% which, if memory serves, and is up markedly (nearly a third) in recent months.
In terms of browsers, Firefox has yet to crack 20%, a milestone IGM expected to fall before the end of last month. Users of the world's No 2 browser accounted for 19.03% in June.
Safari's share also grew, rising to 6.31% last month from 6.25% in June. This indicates that Firefox' hold on the faithful remains stable at roughly one-in-four.
The browser Top five looks like this:
01 Internet Explorer—73.01% (73.75%)
02 Firefox—19.03 (18.41)
03 Safari—6.31 (6.25)
04 Opera—0.73 (0.71)
05 Netscape—0.67 (0.62)
Oddly, Netscape's share actually rose slightly last month. AOL stopped development of the one-time dominant browser.
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles