Microsoft's Mac Business Unit announced last week that it's going on a hiring spree, the biggest in its 11 years of existence.
"The Mac BU at Microsoft is growing—we’re launching our biggest hiring initiative since the inception of MacBU eleven years ago," said Mac BU general manager Craig Eisler. "We combine the power of Office with the latest Mac technologies to create world class products—we develop exclusively for Macs, and we love 'em."
Thereupon, they've published a Top 10 list of reasons of why you (metaphorical you) should work for Microsoft coding for the Mac:
10 We are the brightest, coolest, and most interesting business unit at Microsoft – if we do say so ourselves
09 We’re passionate about our products, the platform, our customers, and our kick-butt industrial strength margarita machine
08 High energy, passionate, fun team – we love what we do!
07 Free caffeine, tastily packaged in soda cans and in our fiendishly addictive coffee machines. Oh, and free milk and juice, too
06 Microsoft offers industry-leading benefits all around, but our health care benefit is amazing
05 Small team, big challenges: every member of our team makes a huge impact on our business
04 One of the largest dedicated Mac software development organizations outside of Apple
03 We work for Microsoft and we are proud of it!
02 Our software is used by millions of people around the world
01 Three words: Mac. Office. Microsoft. ‘Nuff said.
The Mac BU is hiring for multiple roles (Program Managers, Developers, Testers, User Experience, and Marketing) in Redmond and Silicon Valley.
Editor's note: And, a sense of humor, too! But, no matter how cool working in the Mac BU might be, blogging is just such an awesome thing to do. Besides, maintaining 100% control over the coffee pot is really, really important to me (beans, grind, water, blend, temperature)...
Order online and get free shipping. Expires 9 / 15
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
Browse and search for more articles