Microsoft's Mac Business Unit announced last week that it's going on a hiring spree, the biggest in its 11 years of existence.
"The Mac BU at Microsoft is growing—we’re launching our biggest hiring initiative since the inception of MacBU eleven years ago," said Mac BU general manager Craig Eisler. "We combine the power of Office with the latest Mac technologies to create world class products—we develop exclusively for Macs, and we love 'em."
Thereupon, they've published a Top 10 list of reasons of why you (metaphorical you) should work for Microsoft coding for the Mac:
10 We are the brightest, coolest, and most interesting business unit at Microsoft – if we do say so ourselves
09 We’re passionate about our products, the platform, our customers, and our kick-butt industrial strength margarita machine
08 High energy, passionate, fun team – we love what we do!
07 Free caffeine, tastily packaged in soda cans and in our fiendishly addictive coffee machines. Oh, and free milk and juice, too
06 Microsoft offers industry-leading benefits all around, but our health care benefit is amazing
05 Small team, big challenges: every member of our team makes a huge impact on our business
04 One of the largest dedicated Mac software development organizations outside of Apple
03 We work for Microsoft and we are proud of it!
02 Our software is used by millions of people around the world
01 Three words: Mac. Office. Microsoft. ‘Nuff said.
The Mac BU is hiring for multiple roles (Program Managers, Developers, Testers, User Experience, and Marketing) in Redmond and Silicon Valley.
Editor's note: And, a sense of humor, too! But, no matter how cool working in the Mac BU might be, blogging is just such an awesome thing to do. Besides, maintaining 100% control over the coffee pot is really, really important to me (beans, grind, water, blend, temperature)...
Order online and get free shipping. Expires 9 / 15
- Apple opens OS X betas to everyone
- Apple patches triple handshake, other vulnerabilities
- Apple TV ad Powerful shows off iPhone 5s prowess
- 1Password gets significant updates to iOS, OS X
- Proposed Thunderbolt standard promises to support dual 4K displays
- A&E, The History Channel, and Lifetime channels now available on Apple TV
- Apple touts environmental efforts for Earth Day
- Report: Nike looks to get out of fitness tracker game
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
Browse and search for more articles