Microsoft's Mac Business Unit announced last week that it's going on a hiring spree, the biggest in its 11 years of existence.
"The Mac BU at Microsoft is growing—we’re launching our biggest hiring initiative since the inception of MacBU eleven years ago," said Mac BU general manager Craig Eisler. "We combine the power of Office with the latest Mac technologies to create world class products—we develop exclusively for Macs, and we love 'em."
Thereupon, they've published a Top 10 list of reasons of why you (metaphorical you) should work for Microsoft coding for the Mac:
10 We are the brightest, coolest, and most interesting business unit at Microsoft – if we do say so ourselves
09 We’re passionate about our products, the platform, our customers, and our kick-butt industrial strength margarita machine
08 High energy, passionate, fun team – we love what we do!
07 Free caffeine, tastily packaged in soda cans and in our fiendishly addictive coffee machines. Oh, and free milk and juice, too
06 Microsoft offers industry-leading benefits all around, but our health care benefit is amazing
05 Small team, big challenges: every member of our team makes a huge impact on our business
04 One of the largest dedicated Mac software development organizations outside of Apple
03 We work for Microsoft and we are proud of it!
02 Our software is used by millions of people around the world
01 Three words: Mac. Office. Microsoft. ‘Nuff said.
The Mac BU is hiring for multiple roles (Program Managers, Developers, Testers, User Experience, and Marketing) in Redmond and Silicon Valley.
Editor's note: And, a sense of humor, too! But, no matter how cool working in the Mac BU might be, blogging is just such an awesome thing to do. Besides, maintaining 100% control over the coffee pot is really, really important to me (beans, grind, water, blend, temperature)...
Order online and get free shipping. Expires 9 / 15
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
Browse and search for more articles