Microsoft's Mac Business Unit announced last week that it's going on a hiring spree, the biggest in its 11 years of existence.
"The Mac BU at Microsoft is growing—we’re launching our biggest hiring initiative since the inception of MacBU eleven years ago," said Mac BU general manager Craig Eisler. "We combine the power of Office with the latest Mac technologies to create world class products—we develop exclusively for Macs, and we love 'em."
Thereupon, they've published a Top 10 list of reasons of why you (metaphorical you) should work for Microsoft coding for the Mac:
10 We are the brightest, coolest, and most interesting business unit at Microsoft – if we do say so ourselves
09 We’re passionate about our products, the platform, our customers, and our kick-butt industrial strength margarita machine
08 High energy, passionate, fun team – we love what we do!
07 Free caffeine, tastily packaged in soda cans and in our fiendishly addictive coffee machines. Oh, and free milk and juice, too
06 Microsoft offers industry-leading benefits all around, but our health care benefit is amazing
05 Small team, big challenges: every member of our team makes a huge impact on our business
04 One of the largest dedicated Mac software development organizations outside of Apple
03 We work for Microsoft and we are proud of it!
02 Our software is used by millions of people around the world
01 Three words: Mac. Office. Microsoft. ‘Nuff said.
The Mac BU is hiring for multiple roles (Program Managers, Developers, Testers, User Experience, and Marketing) in Redmond and Silicon Valley.
Editor's note: And, a sense of humor, too! But, no matter how cool working in the Mac BU might be, blogging is just such an awesome thing to do. Besides, maintaining 100% control over the coffee pot is really, really important to me (beans, grind, water, blend, temperature)...
Order online and get free shipping. Expires 9 / 15
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles