Microsoft's Mac Business Unit announced last week that it's going on a hiring spree, the biggest in its 11 years of existence.
"The Mac BU at Microsoft is growing—we’re launching our biggest hiring initiative since the inception of MacBU eleven years ago," said Mac BU general manager Craig Eisler. "We combine the power of Office with the latest Mac technologies to create world class products—we develop exclusively for Macs, and we love 'em."
Thereupon, they've published a Top 10 list of reasons of why you (metaphorical you) should work for Microsoft coding for the Mac:
10 We are the brightest, coolest, and most interesting business unit at Microsoft – if we do say so ourselves
09 We’re passionate about our products, the platform, our customers, and our kick-butt industrial strength margarita machine
08 High energy, passionate, fun team – we love what we do!
07 Free caffeine, tastily packaged in soda cans and in our fiendishly addictive coffee machines. Oh, and free milk and juice, too
06 Microsoft offers industry-leading benefits all around, but our health care benefit is amazing
05 Small team, big challenges: every member of our team makes a huge impact on our business
04 One of the largest dedicated Mac software development organizations outside of Apple
03 We work for Microsoft and we are proud of it!
02 Our software is used by millions of people around the world
01 Three words: Mac. Office. Microsoft. ‘Nuff said.
The Mac BU is hiring for multiple roles (Program Managers, Developers, Testers, User Experience, and Marketing) in Redmond and Silicon Valley.
Editor's note: And, a sense of humor, too! But, no matter how cool working in the Mac BU might be, blogging is just such an awesome thing to do. Besides, maintaining 100% control over the coffee pot is really, really important to me (beans, grind, water, blend, temperature)...
Order online and get free shipping. Expires 9 / 15
- Report: The how, the where, and the when for the Apple Watch ordering
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
- Session with Becoming Steve Jobs authors available on iTunes
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
Browse and search for more articles