The Magnificent Seven, the iTunes 99¢ Movie of the Week:
Most critics call this Western remake of Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai a classic. But few will admit that it's a great film. Maybe it's because they're asking the wrong question: "How can a movie this entertaining be great?" It can be, and is, both a rousing adventure flick and a seminal Western.
At heart, it's a character-driven action story—a tall tale of seven men seeking redemption by performing one selfless act in their meaningless, violence-ridden lives. Fortunately for, they make their conversion from mercenaries to noble protectors look cool. They're men of few words, but when they do talk, their talk is tough and wry. And, when they're not talking, their guns are blazing in excellently directed action sequences, or their actions are enhanced by Elmer Bernstein's memorable, Oscar-nominated score.
Director: John Sturges
Producers: Walter Mirisch
Starring: Yul Brynner
Starring: Eli Wallach
Starring: Steve McQueen
Starring: Charles Bronson
Starring: James Coburn
Get The Magnificent Seven, the iTunes 99¢ Movie of the Week.
Previous iTunes 99¢ Movies of the Week have included:
• The House of Games
• The Untouchables
• Ghost World
• A Fistful of Dollars
• Usual Suspects
• A Fish Called Wanda
Check back every week for the iTunes Store 99¢ Movie of the week.
No DRM, No Restrictions, No Problems!
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles