ImportGenius, an import tracking and analysis firm, reports that Apple and its logistics partners have imported 188 ocean containers of a product type—"electric computers"—never before declared on its shipping manifests.
“They have never before reported this product on their customs declarations,” says Ryan Petersen, ImportGenius.com. “The fact that they are importing millions of units, combined with dwindling stocks of the first generation of iPhones, clearly supports the ... predictions.”
Specifically, Peterson's referring to CitiBank analyst predictions, but it's the collective wisdom of both the blogsphere and mainstream press (Barrons) that Apple will announce the 3G iPhone on June 9th at the Worldwide Developers Conference.
Other tantalizing details have also been uncovered by Import Genius:
• Apple's regular shipments (ie "desktop computers") haven't fallen off, indicating that these other 188 containers are likely something new
• Each container holds 40,000 units
• Quanta and Hon Hai, Apple's iPhone OEM partners, are the source of the containers
• Shipments of "electric computers" were received on March 19, 27; April 28 and May 6, 17
• A number of shipments went to Ingram Micro, Apple's biggest US distributor
• Another Apple distributor, Schenker AG, took delivery of 67 containers from Shanghai
• Containers containing electric computers were delivered to Vancouver, Canada
All of these delicious details and only one thread, the 3G iPhone, that ties them altogether? We'll simply have to wait for Steve to deliver...
What's your take?
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
Browse and search for more articles