Quoting Taiwan's enigmatic Commercial Times (no website, no English), DigiTimes claims that Hon Hai (Foxconn) has landed the contract to produce the 3G iPhone. Of course, we already knew that, but there is new info in their write up.
Specifically, Hon Hai is expected to ship 3-million handsets in June with 24 to 25 million units over the lifetime of the deal.
Further, DigiTimes repeats claims Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference will be venue where the 3G iPhone will be announced.
Hon Hai is currently the sole manufacturer of 2.5G iPhones.
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
Browse and search for more articles