Parallels has announced that Parallels Desktop for Mac has sold more than one million copies.
"Parallels Desktop not only broke down the barrier between the Mac and PC worlds, it also broke down the barrier that kept desktop virtualization from becoming a mainstream technology for consumers and professional users," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO. "We will continue innovating to extend our position as the desktop virtualization leader and provide our users with the fastest, easiest and most seamless solution available."
The award-winning software is the first product ever to enable Mac users to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered Apple computer.
Parallels Desktop for Mac’s success has quickly made Parallels the No. 1 company in desktop virtualization. Today, the software is available in 10 languages—Chinese, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, and Spanish.
Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac sells for $80. A 15-day trial is available here.
[u] In related news, VMWare has released VMware Fusion 1.1.2, which provides better support for the MacBook Air, enables Time Machine backup of virtual machines, adds support for Windows XP SP3 Boot Camp partitions and is now available in Simplified Chinese. [u]
Editor's note: One-million copies of an app for running 'doze, etc on OS X? That's quite a few switchers.
The impulse purchase value for switchers is obvious, but I'm wondering how many actually use Parallels since moving to the Mac?
The fairer platform is beguiling...
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles