Parallels has announced that Parallels Desktop for Mac has sold more than one million copies.
"Parallels Desktop not only broke down the barrier between the Mac and PC worlds, it also broke down the barrier that kept desktop virtualization from becoming a mainstream technology for consumers and professional users," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO. "We will continue innovating to extend our position as the desktop virtualization leader and provide our users with the fastest, easiest and most seamless solution available."
The award-winning software is the first product ever to enable Mac users to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered Apple computer.
Parallels Desktop for Mac’s success has quickly made Parallels the No. 1 company in desktop virtualization. Today, the software is available in 10 languages—Chinese, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, and Spanish.
Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac sells for $80. A 15-day trial is available here.
[u] In related news, VMWare has released VMware Fusion 1.1.2, which provides better support for the MacBook Air, enables Time Machine backup of virtual machines, adds support for Windows XP SP3 Boot Camp partitions and is now available in Simplified Chinese. [u]
Editor's note: One-million copies of an app for running 'doze, etc on OS X? That's quite a few switchers.
The impulse purchase value for switchers is obvious, but I'm wondering how many actually use Parallels since moving to the Mac?
The fairer platform is beguiling...
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch in April
- Apple’s Q1 Earnings
- 1Password gets update on Mac, iOS
- Cringely on IBM's massive restructuring
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
- Griffin Reversible USB cable in iPhone colors - CES 2015
- Griffin iTrip AUX Bluetooth and iTrip AUX AutoPilot for cars - CES 2015
- NuMount VESA adapter announced for newer iMacs
Browse and search for more articles