Parallels has announced that Parallels Desktop for Mac has sold more than one million copies.
"Parallels Desktop not only broke down the barrier between the Mac and PC worlds, it also broke down the barrier that kept desktop virtualization from becoming a mainstream technology for consumers and professional users," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO. "We will continue innovating to extend our position as the desktop virtualization leader and provide our users with the fastest, easiest and most seamless solution available."
The award-winning software is the first product ever to enable Mac users to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered Apple computer.
Parallels Desktop for Mac’s success has quickly made Parallels the No. 1 company in desktop virtualization. Today, the software is available in 10 languages—Chinese, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, and Spanish.
Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac sells for $80. A 15-day trial is available here.
[u] In related news, VMWare has released VMware Fusion 1.1.2, which provides better support for the MacBook Air, enables Time Machine backup of virtual machines, adds support for Windows XP SP3 Boot Camp partitions and is now available in Simplified Chinese. [u]
Editor's note: One-million copies of an app for running 'doze, etc on OS X? That's quite a few switchers.
The impulse purchase value for switchers is obvious, but I'm wondering how many actually use Parallels since moving to the Mac?
The fairer platform is beguiling...
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
Browse and search for more articles