Parallels has announced that Parallels Desktop for Mac has sold more than one million copies.
"Parallels Desktop not only broke down the barrier between the Mac and PC worlds, it also broke down the barrier that kept desktop virtualization from becoming a mainstream technology for consumers and professional users," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO. "We will continue innovating to extend our position as the desktop virtualization leader and provide our users with the fastest, easiest and most seamless solution available."
The award-winning software is the first product ever to enable Mac users to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered Apple computer.
Parallels Desktop for Mac’s success has quickly made Parallels the No. 1 company in desktop virtualization. Today, the software is available in 10 languages—Chinese, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, and Spanish.
Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac sells for $80. A 15-day trial is available here.
[u] In related news, VMWare has released VMware Fusion 1.1.2, which provides better support for the MacBook Air, enables Time Machine backup of virtual machines, adds support for Windows XP SP3 Boot Camp partitions and is now available in Simplified Chinese. [u]
Editor's note: One-million copies of an app for running 'doze, etc on OS X? That's quite a few switchers.
The impulse purchase value for switchers is obvious, but I'm wondering how many actually use Parallels since moving to the Mac?
The fairer platform is beguiling...
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Maps/Navigation
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
Browse and search for more articles