Adobe has announced the immediately availability of AMP 1.0 (Adobe Media Player).
“With Adobe Media Player, we’re bringing viewers and content owners closer together, with an experience that doesn’t constrain them by platform or proprietary software application,” said John Loiacono, senior vice president, creative solutions. “It’s a merger of TV Guide and DVR for Internet video content. Some great shows, like The Hills from MTV and CSI from CBS, is already available to view and more will be coming soon.”
Content from CBS, MTV Networks, Universal Music Group, PBS, CondéNet, and Scripps Networks is available immediately. Additionally, the company has announced Adobe TV, a series of shows that provide expert instruction and original series programming about Adobe products.
One theme presented again and again by Adobe is that AMP offers content owners a way to monetize their content online.
Editor's note: An already crowded marketplace? You bet it is, but no one owns it. YouTube in all its pixelated glory is closest the thing to a killer application video online can boast.
Does AMP successfully marry user rights with monetizing? That will probably take time to sort out.
Still the simple fact that pigopolist extraordinaire Universal Music is a launch partner should tell us quite a bit...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles