Adobe has announced the immediately availability of AMP 1.0 (Adobe Media Player).
“With Adobe Media Player, we’re bringing viewers and content owners closer together, with an experience that doesn’t constrain them by platform or proprietary software application,” said John Loiacono, senior vice president, creative solutions. “It’s a merger of TV Guide and DVR for Internet video content. Some great shows, like The Hills from MTV and CSI from CBS, is already available to view and more will be coming soon.”
Content from CBS, MTV Networks, Universal Music Group, PBS, CondéNet, and Scripps Networks is available immediately. Additionally, the company has announced Adobe TV, a series of shows that provide expert instruction and original series programming about Adobe products.
One theme presented again and again by Adobe is that AMP offers content owners a way to monetize their content online.
Editor's note: An already crowded marketplace? You bet it is, but no one owns it. YouTube in all its pixelated glory is closest the thing to a killer application video online can boast.
Does AMP successfully marry user rights with monetizing? That will probably take time to sort out.
Still the simple fact that pigopolist extraordinaire Universal Music is a launch partner should tell us quite a bit...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
Browse and search for more articles