Adobe has announced the immediately availability of AMP 1.0 (Adobe Media Player).
“With Adobe Media Player, we’re bringing viewers and content owners closer together, with an experience that doesn’t constrain them by platform or proprietary software application,” said John Loiacono, senior vice president, creative solutions. “It’s a merger of TV Guide and DVR for Internet video content. Some great shows, like The Hills from MTV and CSI from CBS, is already available to view and more will be coming soon.”
Content from CBS, MTV Networks, Universal Music Group, PBS, CondéNet, and Scripps Networks is available immediately. Additionally, the company has announced Adobe TV, a series of shows that provide expert instruction and original series programming about Adobe products.
One theme presented again and again by Adobe is that AMP offers content owners a way to monetize their content online.
Editor's note: An already crowded marketplace? You bet it is, but no one owns it. YouTube in all its pixelated glory is closest the thing to a killer application video online can boast.
Does AMP successfully marry user rights with monetizing? That will probably take time to sort out.
Still the simple fact that pigopolist extraordinaire Universal Music is a launch partner should tell us quite a bit...
What's your take?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Ive named Chief Design Officer
- Gold plate your Apple Watch at home
- OWC announces Accelsior S PCIe mount for SSD drives
- Speed tests on MacBook Pro SSD speeds
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 Released
- Apple TV set reported abandoned
- MacBook Pro gains Force Touch, iMac 5K gets new pricing
- Video: How to sign/encrypt email using OS X Mail and a secure certificate authority CA
- LifeProof ships water-proof battery backup case
- Apple Watch lacks anti-theft security
- iGrill thermometer comes to the Apple Watch
- Apple Pay chipping away at Walmart backed CurrentC
- Safari on the Apple Watch
- Vulnerability found with MacKeeper
- Mac App Store sales
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Fitness Features/Tracker
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Productivity Apps: OmniFocus, Trello, Evernote IFTTT
- Tattoos and Apple Watches may not mix
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Making/Receiving Phone Calls
Browse and search for more articles