Walt Mossberg in comments made at the beet.tv conference mentions, almost in passing, that the 3G iPhone will be available in 60 days.
"Again, I'm not talking about the fact that the iPhone isn't 3G. It will be 3G in 60 days," he said plainly.
Although you'll be tempted to skip ahead to about 6 minutes and 50 seconds to hear him make his 3G iPhone comment, you really should watch the entire speech from beginning to end. Mossberg pulls no punches in ripping the cable and phone industries for the utterly pathetic level of service (speed, cost, traffic shaping, etc) they provide—it's pure gold, every word of it.
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard now only $109.98! Order NOW!
During the same address, Mossberg said the the FTC should stop Verizon from calling DSL "broadband," which he says is "crap" and not broadband by international standards.
"We need some serious action from the next president," Mossberg says in his summary. "to say that this is just as strategic as the interstate highway system..."
Strong words from a man that's (hopefully) in a position to foment change.
Various pundits, including Gene Munster and Scott Craig, have said that the 3G iPhone will ship in the June time frame.
Editor's note: Walt Mossberg is known to have special access to information and products from Apple.
Is this an educated guess or is he really spilling the beans?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- Logitech announces wired iPad keyboard
- Twitter launches two-factor authentication
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
Browse and search for more articles