Walt Mossberg in comments made at the beet.tv conference mentions, almost in passing, that the 3G iPhone will be available in 60 days.
"Again, I'm not talking about the fact that the iPhone isn't 3G. It will be 3G in 60 days," he said plainly.
Although you'll be tempted to skip ahead to about 6 minutes and 50 seconds to hear him make his 3G iPhone comment, you really should watch the entire speech from beginning to end. Mossberg pulls no punches in ripping the cable and phone industries for the utterly pathetic level of service (speed, cost, traffic shaping, etc) they provide—it's pure gold, every word of it.
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard now only $109.98! Order NOW!
During the same address, Mossberg said the the FTC should stop Verizon from calling DSL "broadband," which he says is "crap" and not broadband by international standards.
"We need some serious action from the next president," Mossberg says in his summary. "to say that this is just as strategic as the interstate highway system..."
Strong words from a man that's (hopefully) in a position to foment change.
Various pundits, including Gene Munster and Scott Craig, have said that the 3G iPhone will ship in the June time frame.
Editor's note: Walt Mossberg is known to have special access to information and products from Apple.
Is this an educated guess or is he really spilling the beans?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles