Walt Mossberg in comments made at the beet.tv conference mentions, almost in passing, that the 3G iPhone will be available in 60 days.
"Again, I'm not talking about the fact that the iPhone isn't 3G. It will be 3G in 60 days," he said plainly.
Although you'll be tempted to skip ahead to about 6 minutes and 50 seconds to hear him make his 3G iPhone comment, you really should watch the entire speech from beginning to end. Mossberg pulls no punches in ripping the cable and phone industries for the utterly pathetic level of service (speed, cost, traffic shaping, etc) they provide—it's pure gold, every word of it.
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard now only $109.98! Order NOW!
During the same address, Mossberg said the the FTC should stop Verizon from calling DSL "broadband," which he says is "crap" and not broadband by international standards.
"We need some serious action from the next president," Mossberg says in his summary. "to say that this is just as strategic as the interstate highway system..."
Strong words from a man that's (hopefully) in a position to foment change.
Various pundits, including Gene Munster and Scott Craig, have said that the 3G iPhone will ship in the June time frame.
Editor's note: Walt Mossberg is known to have special access to information and products from Apple.
Is this an educated guess or is he really spilling the beans?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
- Apple Mystery Van spotted in Bay Area
- Apple to convert sapphire glass factory to data center command center
- Newer Tech replacement batteries for older unibody MacBooks
Browse and search for more articles