Walt Mossberg in comments made at the beet.tv conference mentions, almost in passing, that the 3G iPhone will be available in 60 days.
"Again, I'm not talking about the fact that the iPhone isn't 3G. It will be 3G in 60 days," he said plainly.
Although you'll be tempted to skip ahead to about 6 minutes and 50 seconds to hear him make his 3G iPhone comment, you really should watch the entire speech from beginning to end. Mossberg pulls no punches in ripping the cable and phone industries for the utterly pathetic level of service (speed, cost, traffic shaping, etc) they provide—it's pure gold, every word of it.
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard now only $109.98! Order NOW!
During the same address, Mossberg said the the FTC should stop Verizon from calling DSL "broadband," which he says is "crap" and not broadband by international standards.
"We need some serious action from the next president," Mossberg says in his summary. "to say that this is just as strategic as the interstate highway system..."
Strong words from a man that's (hopefully) in a position to foment change.
Various pundits, including Gene Munster and Scott Craig, have said that the 3G iPhone will ship in the June time frame.
Editor's note: Walt Mossberg is known to have special access to information and products from Apple.
Is this an educated guess or is he really spilling the beans?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles