Walt Mossberg in comments made at the beet.tv conference mentions, almost in passing, that the 3G iPhone will be available in 60 days.
"Again, I'm not talking about the fact that the iPhone isn't 3G. It will be 3G in 60 days," he said plainly.
Although you'll be tempted to skip ahead to about 6 minutes and 50 seconds to hear him make his 3G iPhone comment, you really should watch the entire speech from beginning to end. Mossberg pulls no punches in ripping the cable and phone industries for the utterly pathetic level of service (speed, cost, traffic shaping, etc) they provide—it's pure gold, every word of it.
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard now only $109.98! Order NOW!
During the same address, Mossberg said the the FTC should stop Verizon from calling DSL "broadband," which he says is "crap" and not broadband by international standards.
"We need some serious action from the next president," Mossberg says in his summary. "to say that this is just as strategic as the interstate highway system..."
Strong words from a man that's (hopefully) in a position to foment change.
Various pundits, including Gene Munster and Scott Craig, have said that the 3G iPhone will ship in the June time frame.
Editor's note: Walt Mossberg is known to have special access to information and products from Apple.
Is this an educated guess or is he really spilling the beans?
Exclusive offer. Limited time only.
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
Browse and search for more articles