Huffington Post reports that all three of New York City Apple Store's are sold out of the iPhone, though some AT&T locations in Gotham say they have stock.
Apple Store employees at all three New York locations — the original SoHo store, the 59th Street location, and the most recent addition, on West 14th Street — have confirmed that each store is sold out of iPhones, and they don't know when they'll be getting new ones.
"You can always go online," said an associate at the 59th St store.
Of course, that's just where I've gone to check on availability and the online Apple Store lists five-to-seven business days for delivery, which might simply mean there aren't enough to go around as opposed to a draw down ahead of a refresh.
Then again, there have been rumors circulating for weeks that Apple plans to cut prices and increase storage for both its iPhone and iPod touch product lines.
Temporary shortage vs Imminent update...
What's your take?
1GB, 80GB, Combo drive with free shipping
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
Browse and search for more articles