Huffington Post reports that all three of New York City Apple Store's are sold out of the iPhone, though some AT&T locations in Gotham say they have stock.
Apple Store employees at all three New York locations — the original SoHo store, the 59th Street location, and the most recent addition, on West 14th Street — have confirmed that each store is sold out of iPhones, and they don't know when they'll be getting new ones.
"You can always go online," said an associate at the 59th St store.
Of course, that's just where I've gone to check on availability and the online Apple Store lists five-to-seven business days for delivery, which might simply mean there aren't enough to go around as opposed to a draw down ahead of a refresh.
Then again, there have been rumors circulating for weeks that Apple plans to cut prices and increase storage for both its iPhone and iPod touch product lines.
Temporary shortage vs Imminent update...
What's your take?
1GB, 80GB, Combo drive with free shipping
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles