Huffington Post reports that all three of New York City Apple Store's are sold out of the iPhone, though some AT&T locations in Gotham say they have stock.
Apple Store employees at all three New York locations — the original SoHo store, the 59th Street location, and the most recent addition, on West 14th Street — have confirmed that each store is sold out of iPhones, and they don't know when they'll be getting new ones.
"You can always go online," said an associate at the 59th St store.
Of course, that's just where I've gone to check on availability and the online Apple Store lists five-to-seven business days for delivery, which might simply mean there aren't enough to go around as opposed to a draw down ahead of a refresh.
Then again, there have been rumors circulating for weeks that Apple plans to cut prices and increase storage for both its iPhone and iPod touch product lines.
Temporary shortage vs Imminent update...
What's your take?
1GB, 80GB, Combo drive with free shipping
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles