Billboard reports that Apple has dismissed claims as "unsubstantiated speculation" that the Beatles catalog is about to be made available through iTunes Store.
"This is not news nor is it a scoop," said an unidentified Apple spokesman, declining further comment.
[U] The Guardian (UK) offers this quote from an unnamed Apple Corps spokesperson, "There's no date set. The story isn't correct. I can't tell you if it's this year or next year or when."
Insanely-Great, as well as most of the known internet, reported a deal worth $400 million had been inked by Paul McCartney et al.
In December of last year, Paul McCartney said that only a few details needed to be worked out and that the Beatles catalog would arrive sometime this year.
Editor's note: Alas, we've been led down the garden path again. Not by Sir Paul, mind you.
Although only a small percentage of the journalists / sites reporting actually care about the Beatles, we're all acting like a bunch of drooling fanbois...
What's your take?
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles