Billboard reports that Apple has dismissed claims as "unsubstantiated speculation" that the Beatles catalog is about to be made available through iTunes Store.
"This is not news nor is it a scoop," said an unidentified Apple spokesman, declining further comment.
[U] The Guardian (UK) offers this quote from an unnamed Apple Corps spokesperson, "There's no date set. The story isn't correct. I can't tell you if it's this year or next year or when."
Insanely-Great, as well as most of the known internet, reported a deal worth $400 million had been inked by Paul McCartney et al.
In December of last year, Paul McCartney said that only a few details needed to be worked out and that the Beatles catalog would arrive sometime this year.
Editor's note: Alas, we've been led down the garden path again. Not by Sir Paul, mind you.
Although only a small percentage of the journalists / sites reporting actually care about the Beatles, we're all acting like a bunch of drooling fanbois...
What's your take?
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
Browse and search for more articles