Billboard reports that Apple has dismissed claims as "unsubstantiated speculation" that the Beatles catalog is about to be made available through iTunes Store.
"This is not news nor is it a scoop," said an unidentified Apple spokesman, declining further comment.
[U] The Guardian (UK) offers this quote from an unnamed Apple Corps spokesperson, "There's no date set. The story isn't correct. I can't tell you if it's this year or next year or when."
Insanely-Great, as well as most of the known internet, reported a deal worth $400 million had been inked by Paul McCartney et al.
In December of last year, Paul McCartney said that only a few details needed to be worked out and that the Beatles catalog would arrive sometime this year.
Editor's note: Alas, we've been led down the garden path again. Not by Sir Paul, mind you.
Although only a small percentage of the journalists / sites reporting actually care about the Beatles, we're all acting like a bunch of drooling fanbois...
What's your take?
- Live @ 10 PM ET: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall - Podcast
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
- Detailed look at coverage of Google’s fortunes vs Apple
Browse and search for more articles