Billboard reports that Apple has dismissed claims as "unsubstantiated speculation" that the Beatles catalog is about to be made available through iTunes Store.
"This is not news nor is it a scoop," said an unidentified Apple spokesman, declining further comment.
[U] The Guardian (UK) offers this quote from an unnamed Apple Corps spokesperson, "There's no date set. The story isn't correct. I can't tell you if it's this year or next year or when."
Insanely-Great, as well as most of the known internet, reported a deal worth $400 million had been inked by Paul McCartney et al.
In December of last year, Paul McCartney said that only a few details needed to be worked out and that the Beatles catalog would arrive sometime this year.
Editor's note: Alas, we've been led down the garden path again. Not by Sir Paul, mind you.
Although only a small percentage of the journalists / sites reporting actually care about the Beatles, we're all acting like a bunch of drooling fanbois...
What's your take?
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
Browse and search for more articles