Billboard reports that Apple has dismissed claims as "unsubstantiated speculation" that the Beatles catalog is about to be made available through iTunes Store.
"This is not news nor is it a scoop," said an unidentified Apple spokesman, declining further comment.
[U] The Guardian (UK) offers this quote from an unnamed Apple Corps spokesperson, "There's no date set. The story isn't correct. I can't tell you if it's this year or next year or when."
Insanely-Great, as well as most of the known internet, reported a deal worth $400 million had been inked by Paul McCartney et al.
In December of last year, Paul McCartney said that only a few details needed to be worked out and that the Beatles catalog would arrive sometime this year.
Editor's note: Alas, we've been led down the garden path again. Not by Sir Paul, mind you.
Although only a small percentage of the journalists / sites reporting actually care about the Beatles, we're all acting like a bunch of drooling fanbois...
What's your take?
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
Browse and search for more articles