Yesterday, the web sprouted rumors that the BBC would soon offer TV shows via the iTunes Store. Of course, there was the possibility that it would be UK-only, but we were hopeful nevertheless.
Sadly, TUAW brings us new that BBC TV shows are indeed available via the iTunes Store UK only.
It turns out, perusing the iTunes Store this evening, that the BBC Worldwide content has already appeared. Shows initially showing up include Torchwood, Spooks, The Mighty Boosh, Life on Mars, The Catherine Tate Show, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and finally Little Britain. All the episodes cost the regular UK pricing of £1.89 and currently, there's just a selection of series available: Spooks (known in the US as MI:5) is showing just Series 6 currently.
There is the possibility that the BBC' quality content will eventually make it's way across the pond to the US iTunes Store.
Then again, the BBC already has a complex web of agreements—think PBS, PRI, etc—that may prevent digital distribution via iTunes...
What's your take?
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
Browse and search for more articles