Yesterday, the web sprouted rumors that the BBC would soon offer TV shows via the iTunes Store. Of course, there was the possibility that it would be UK-only, but we were hopeful nevertheless.
Sadly, TUAW brings us new that BBC TV shows are indeed available via the iTunes Store UK only.
It turns out, perusing the iTunes Store this evening, that the BBC Worldwide content has already appeared. Shows initially showing up include Torchwood, Spooks, The Mighty Boosh, Life on Mars, The Catherine Tate Show, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and finally Little Britain. All the episodes cost the regular UK pricing of £1.89 and currently, there's just a selection of series available: Spooks (known in the US as MI:5) is showing just Series 6 currently.
There is the possibility that the BBC' quality content will eventually make it's way across the pond to the US iTunes Store.
Then again, the BBC already has a complex web of agreements—think PBS, PRI, etc—that may prevent digital distribution via iTunes...
What's your take?
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
Browse and search for more articles